Gibson Brands Forums

Gardeners and what they’re eating

Mr. Gibson

Last night it was zucchini boats covered in mozzarella and breaded pork.

Lunch today was Homegrown red potatoes smothered with creamy cucumbers, butter, salt and pepper. 

You don’t need meat for every meal. Nothing better than fresh out of the garden.

• Thanks 1

Completely agree. Here was yesterdays harvest. Tomatoes, zucchini, Persian cucumbers, Armenian cucumbers (on the right) and a big spaghetti squash. Making cucumber salad followed by zucchini noodles and spaghetti squash "noodles" with tomatoes, garlic, and olive oil tonight. We'll add Italian sausage. 

mxErD6y.jpg?1

I'm a steamer too.

But I have soil that is 50% stone and 50% clay.

I'm growing herbs with some success....rosemary and mint...and my dwarf apple tree is heavy with ripening fruit for the 1st time.

my wife's garden, despite the dry summer we are having, is flourishing.

she's been taking good care of the watering and feeding.

squash, zucchini, cucumbers , hot peppers, eggplant.   

And now there's a bout a million tomatos about to start turning red.

Edited by kidblast

9 hours ago, Farnsbarns said:

Thank you!

That's a cotoneaster (cotoneaster horizontalis to be precise). It came from ordinary nursery stock at a garden centre and was £6. The pot is a cheap, mass produced, Chinese example by a company called Tongrae and was about £5. 

Add 6 or 7 years of bonsai techniques and that's a respectable bonsai now. Could be shown with just a few more years work. It's a very rewarding hobby. 

Really outstanding Farns. Looks really difficult to my eyes and you look like you've mastered it.

Blackberries.

The drought has been very good for wild blackberries here in the UK; there are big bushes full now beside the road into my estate and I went and picked a pound or so today.   Free, fresh, fruity and tangy. 

Edited by jdgm

depressed
di-ˈprest
ADJECTIVE
  1. low in spirits : sadaffected by psychological depression
  2. vertically flattened
    a depressed cactus
    having the central part lower than the margin
  3. suffering from economic depression underprivileged
  4. being below the standard
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See # 4
It was in jest.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Farnsbarns said:

There's a few proper bonsai nurseries around, one is quite sizeable, I thought I might make my way there when you're working, unless you wanted to see it as well. 

I have 2 full days off whilst (notice English British version). The woild (Brooklyn) is your oyster while you are here. We can go deep sea fishing, hiking the backbone trail, sing at a Korean norebond, go to Santa Barbara, or go to church. Your choice. 😆