Gibson Brands Forums

Nothing to do with guitars, but still.........

RBSinTo

15 hours ago, Murph said:

Some of you voted for this...

I'm independent, and it seems like you guys' side are conditioned to ruin your relationships with other people you'd normally be friends with just to do somebody else's bidding.  Like grist in somebody else's mill.  Conditioned to take things personally that everybody else takes as respectful discourse, and entitled to grind that axe down to a stub.

You have leaders who act like they're driving a bumper car, smashing off every guard rail and bashing into each other and everybody else, with their hands off the wheel, yelling "Eff you, eff me!"

I have friends like that.  It's getting worse.  They don't know whether to yell at everybody or just drive onto an abutment.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, badbluesplayer said:

I'm independent, and it seems like you guys' side are conditioned to ruin your relationships with other people you'd normally be friends with just to do somebody else's bidding. 

They just closed a 1086 Megawatt coal plant here.

195 jobs.

The taxes funded schools.

Enjoy your rolling blackouts.

• Thanks 1

I for one would pay a tax increase for schools to support our children as opposed to letting them breathe poluted air and get cancer and die at an early age.. Gladly.

Off topic anyway........

‐-------

Thumbs ghost.

Edited by CROWB8
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Larsongs said:

I apologize for not knowing what a CPAP is?

If it is that serious of a concern, the friend should consult her Dr. as opposed to a layman... And then try to get Medical advice on a Guitar Forum...

You're fine in my book sir. In print things dont allways come across the way they are intended. Heckle, I kinda knew what it was due to ads and such. But I had to look up what the acronym actually stood for.

All I can say is my wife’s snoring is so bad it prevents me from sleeping. The CPAP is 100% needed in our home. We came to a point in time where I said it wasn’t fair I was losing sleep because of this. As well, snoring is something that shouldn’t be happening like she has it for medical reasons. Maybe some here share the woes I used to have… living and sleeping with a snorer is not fun. I hope I don’t snore… wife tends to tell me I don’t…

Edited by NighthawkChris

2 hours ago, Larsongs said:

I apologize for not knowing what a CPAP is?

If it is that serious of a concern, the friend should consult her Dr. as opposed to a layman... And then try to get Medical advice on a Guitar Forum...

Larsongs,

When did I ask for medical advice?

I asked about emergency generators that can keep a machine that relies on electric current running during a power failure. The quest for medical advice being sought on a Guitar Forum is an erroneous assumption that you've made.

RBSinTo

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Larsongs said:

Your question pertains to Medical advice re; What to do for the Persons’ Medical concerns, fears & questions.

Would you go to a Medical Forum & ask Technical questions about repairing Guitars?

I'm done wasting time going back and forth with you. It isn't worth my time.

RBSinTo

On 9/9/2022 at 6:26 AM, gdecant1 said:

People need to start using their heads. ADAPT! For example, when I buy my first electric car, I will buy the model with the biggest trunk so that I can mount my 5000 watt gas powered generator.

Yep...same concept as putting a big windmill on a 747 to back up the solar panels in the wings. 

16 hours ago, Larsongs said:

What did I do to you in first place that got you going? 

As an observer I would suggest, as a reminder, that this "lounge" on an internet guitar forum is, as are other internet forum "lounges", an outlet for any matter of discussion.  And that RBSinTo wasn't asking for medical advise per se, but advice about back up battery pack that might keep his CPAP machine operating in the event of a power outage.  I suggested contacting the manufacturer( or the medical supply outlet) to see if they have a model with a built-in reserve battery for just such an incident, as my wife's liquid food pump had.  And others also made some helpful suggestions.  It's not as if he was asking for a medical diagnosis,  so why does his query bother you so much?

Whitefang

It never bothered me.. I bothered him for some reason.. He decided to get smart *** with me.. I just made the point for the kind of concern his friend had their Dr. would most likely be a better source as opposed to a Guitar forum… 

I had no idea what CPAP was & thought the Thread pertained to Alternative Energy.. I mentioned how we, in California, are supposed to reduce usage etc.. I guess that tweaked the Guy???  

As much as I like this Forum I would never pose questions regarding my Health concerns.. Which is “exactly” what he was doing.. So it most definitely is Health related..

I do hope his friend does get the answer from a true qualified Professional re; their Death concerns…

Like him, I have no more time to waste on this Thread… 

• Like 1

Lars,   RBS  - you are both  great contributors here.  Possibly you each had a bad day and it came to a head here.  I bet if you could meet and have a beer, you'd find you agree on 99% of what's important in life.   Guitars being #2!!     A misunderstood word or phrase  can cause issues on social media.  Sort of like the opposite of  "The face that launched a thousand ships."     

Peace, out! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, fortyearspickn said:

Lars,   RBS  - you are both  great contributors here.  Possibly you each had a bad day and it came to a head here.  I bet if you could meet and have a beer, you'd find you agree on 99% of what's important in life.   Guitars being #2!!     A misunderstood word or phrase  can cause issues on social media.  Sort of like the opposite of  "The face that launched a thousand ships."     

Peace, out! 

According to the song "White Knight" you got #2 wrong.

Now ahead of your children and ahead of your wife
On the list of the ten best things in life
Your CB's gotta rate right around number four
'Course beavers and hot biscuits and Merle Haggard
Come one, two, three, you know

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, fortyearspickn said:

Cletus Maggard  !?   Had to google that one hit wonder: .  CB radio genre !  A la  "Smokey and The Bandit" !!    I don't even want to guess what #1 refers to.   

I was 15 when it came out. The things that stick in your head when you're young and dumb. (I'm just not young anymore) 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Larsongs said:

As much as I like this Forum I would never pose questions regarding my Health concerns.. Which is “exactly” what he was doing.. So it most definitely is Health related..

I do hope his friend does get the answer from a true qualified Professional re; their Death concerns…

Like him, I have no more time to waste on this Thread… 

Why not?  After all, we're a fairly diverse group here in terms of both age and experience  and knowledge.  You may have a health concern that one or more of us have experienced or are currently experiencing and can give not only support but also advice on matters concerning that issue which might have worked for them.  Or steer you on the right path.  So what's wrong with that?

And besides(and again), his query wasn't a health concern.  But in finding ways to keep a mechanical device that keeps him (or someone) healthy running in the event of a power outage.  I'd say more on the level of asking for advice about a problem he might be having with his car.

Whitefang

1 hour ago, Whitefang said:

Why not?  After all, we're a fairly diverse group here in terms of both age and experience  and knowledge.  You may have a health concern that one or more of us have experienced or are currently experiencing and can give not only support but also advice on matters concerning that issue which might have worked for them.  Or steer you on the right path.  So what's wrong with that?

And besides(and again), his query wasn't a health concern.  But in finding ways to keep a mechanical device that keeps him (or someone) healthy running in the event of a power outage.  I'd say more on the level of asking for advice about a problem he might be having with his car.

Whitefang

Being afraid of dying isn’t a health concern? OK, whatever?

I’ll inquire about Guitars here.. If I fear of dying I’ll seek Medical advise from Medical Professionals… They are also aware of every kind of Medical Device & Machine  & are quite capable of referring to the proper Sources…

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Larsongs said:

Being afraid of dying isn’t a health concern? OK, whatever?

I’ll inquire about Guitars here.. If I fear of dying I’ll seek Medical advise from Medical Professionals… They are also aware of every kind of Medical Device & Machine  & are quite capable of referring to the proper Sources…

The section I put in "bold" really isn't necessarily true.    And I base this on personal experience. 

And I never mentioned that anyone's fear of dying wasn't a health concern.  But just that his inquiry wasn't about a health concern, but about back-up power for a CPAP  machine.  Apparently the "medical professionals" who suggested this device along with the "professionals" that provided it grossly failed to supply him with that information.  And for all we know he might have tried contacting them to find out and they failed to provide any useful answers.   So he came to one place he knew of where some people seemed to have knowledge and experience in a variety of matters to find out what help and information they might be able to give.  

So, do you just naturally take some things out of context?  Or do you work at it?

Whitefang

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Whitefang said:

The section I put in "bold" really isn't necessarily true.    And I base this on personal experience. 

And I never mentioned that anyone's fear of dying wasn't a health concern.  But just that his inquiry wasn't about a health concern, but about back-up power for a CPAP  machine.  Apparently the "medical professionals" who suggested this device along with the "professionals" that provided it grossly failed to supply him with that information.  And for all we know he might have tried contacting them to find out and they failed to provide any useful answers.   So he came to one place he knew of where some people seemed to have knowledge and experience in a variety of matters to find out what help and information they might be able to give.  

So, do you just naturally take some things out of context?  Or do you work at it?

Whitefang

I don’t take any one source as being Gold for anything… And, I hope for all of You.. Especially if the concern was possibly dying.

If alternate thoughts & opinions aren’t welcomed you should close the Gibson Forum altogether….

I just want for people to pursue resources that will best help them.. If that’s a crime? I’m guilty… 

Edited by Larsongs
  • Thanks 1

No, it's not a crime.  And here you are again taking things out of context.  And in the case of the OP, you weren't offering an "alternate thought" on what his query was, but a reprimand for not posting the type of thread YOU felt he should have.  And I was merely defending his right to be able to post it. 

And suggesting that;"If alternate thoughts and opinions aren't welcomed(which nobody claimed they weren't) you should close the Gibson forum altogether."  after quoting me is imprudent as I have not the authority to be able to do so.  [mellow]

Whitefang

• Confused 1