Gibson Brands Forums

Ringo Starr Tonight

Sgt. Pepper

It was a really. good show. The seats were really good, The crowd rushed the stage for last 3 songs. They played for a little over 2 hours and there was no opening act. The band was Ringo, Steve Lukather, Colin Hay, Warren Ham,  Gregg Bissonette, Hamish Stuart, and Edgar Winter. They. played Beatles songs, Ringo songs and each member played 3 of theirs. Here are the songs I can remember, not in any. order: Matchbox, It Don't Come Easy, Back Off Boogaloo. Boys, I Wanna Be Your Man, Yellow Sub, What Goes On,  Octopus's Garden, I'm The Greatest, Little Help From My Friends, Photograph, Act Naturally, Free Ride, Frankenstein, Johnny B. Goode, Africa, Rosanna, Hold The Line, Cut The Cake, Pick Up The Pieces, Work To Do, Who Can ItBe Now?, Down Under and Overkill.

CLb3e2G.jpg

sON3blE.jpg

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

DAMN!  I'd have liked to be there for that!

Whitefang

Steve is a fukin animal on the guitar, and as you can see in one pic he played bass too. That was on Cut The Cake. He played bass on Pick Up The Pieces too.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

1 minute ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Steve is a fukin animal on the guitar, and for the one pic he played bass to. That was on Cut The Cake.

Only this WASN'T your Average White Band.  [wink](see what I did there?)

And when are these Einsteins going to get  it through their THICK SKULLS it's TOO(NOT "to")= "also"!  :rolleyes:

Whitefang

1 hour ago, Whitefang said:

Only this WASN'T your Average White Band.  [wink](see what I did there?)

And when are these Einsteins going to get  it through their THICK SKULLS it's TOO(NOT "to")= "also"!  :rolleyes:

Whitefang

Hamish had to do the joke - This song is form 1974, anyone remember it? Crowd cheers, then he says, What was it like? Of course Bissonette gave him a drum roll after that for comedic affect.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

3 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Hamish had to do the joke - This song is form 1974, anyone remember it? Crowd cheers, then he says, What was it like? Of course Bissonette gave him a drum roll after that for comedic affect.

It’s a rim shot

Not a drum roll

Sorry. The drummer in me can’t let that go. 🙂

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

He was really good, playing keys, sax and on vox.

Edgar's a quad threat.

Firery sax player;  powerful singer;   smokin' keys player and can drum up a storm( apologies to Sandy Nelson).  Now, I can't be sure if it's love for the legendary Ringo, or Ringo has the uncanny ability to attract players for his touring bands who despite not really ever given top billing still gives 110% or more when on stage.  I've never once heard or read anyone complain about any sloppiness in any of the performances of his "All Stars" bands over the years.   MY only disappointment is that I've never had opportunity to see any of them.  [crying]

Whitefang

21 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

Edgar's a quad threat.

Firery sax player;  powerful singer;   smokin' keys player and can drum up a storm( apologies to Sandy Nelson).  Now, I can't be sure if it's love for the legendary Ringo, or Ringo has the uncanny ability to attract players for his touring bands who despite not really ever given top billing still gives 110% or more when on stage.  I've never once heard or read anyone complain about any sloppiness in any of the performances of his "All Stars" bands over the years.   MY only disappointment is that I've never had opportunity to see any of them.  [crying]

Whitefang

Oh damn forgot on Frankenstein live he did have a set of I think 4 to 6 drums brought out and he was playing them during that part in the drum solo when he was going back and forth with Bissonette.

Yeah the band was tight.

The only Gibson I saw was on the last 3 songs Colin Hay played a Les Paul.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Thanks 1