11 hours ago, sparquelito said:

Ah. 
Okay then. 
I understand. 

I won't make further inquiries.
I promise.
😕

schindlers-list-holocaust.jpg

Nazi comparisons aren't all that cool anymore, if they ever were.  That's an old fashioned way to try to gain attention.  So I'm sure you'll keep at it.

I used to tell myself, when I had siezures and my brain was torturing me so bad I had to consider taking myself out every day for two and a half years - I told myself that at least I wasn't a jew in a concentration camp.  I told myself that every day.  That's an appropriate comparison.

• Thanks 2

23 hours ago, SteveFord said:

I think it's from  Side 4 of Roxy and Elsewhere.

20 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

He says during Be Bop Tango. So side 4 is winner.

I stand corrected.  Been some years since I've heard both LPs.   Thanks.

Whitefang

24 minutes ago, sparquelito said:

I agree, 100%. 

They should lock this thread before somebody really gets their feelings hurt. 

🤫

Weren’t you the one that had their feelings hurt because someone was banned then thought you were owed an explanation? The only one that was butthurt was you! Such hypocrisy.

Edited by gdecant1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, gdecant1 said:

Weren’t you the one that had their feelings hurt because someone was banned then thought you were owed an explanation? The only one that was butthurt was you! Such hypocrisy.

I wasn't butt-hurt, old friend.
Nor were my feelings hurt. 

Truth be told, I'm pretty thick-skinned. 

I inquired about Sarge, and was told he had been banned for bad behavior. 
A sad state of affairs, surely. 

Then, out of nowhere, Sarge is back, and all is normal, with no explanation whatsoever. 
Nobody OWED me an explanation, but I was curious as to the general conditions and situation of his very temporary banning (perhaps so that we may all benefit from the knowledge of what exactly rubs the moderators the wrong way). 
So I asked. 

ksdaddy, who I respect greatly, responded simply, "It was dealt with outside of the forum and no further explanation is needed or forthcoming."

Now.  "It was dealt with outside of the forum," I can understand. 
But the, "no further explanation is needed or forthcoming" bit seemed just a smidge too much like dictatorial arrogance. 
And thus the image from Schindler's List. 
(I may as well have used an image of the current individual who serves as the White House Press Secretary, when you think about it.)

If I am stepping over the lines of board decorum, I am sure I'll hear about it. 
And I'm fine with that. 
🙂

2 hours ago, Fish Crumpet said:

Sounds less like arrogance and more like 'nobody's business but theirs'.

That may well be true. 

Fellows in Southern California might perceive it one way, and a bloke near Manchester could possibly view it another way altogether. 

I reside in Northern Alabama, but have been all around the world most of my life, and spent an inordinate number of years in Europe and in the Middle East. 

I'm a lifelong student of human psychology, and your viewpoints and perspective on this very matter are valuable to me in my quest for learning and growth. 

To your very valid point, if it was nobody's business but SGT Pepper's and ksdaddy's, don't you think that a more succinct summary might have been more appropriate?

"It was dealt with outside of the forum," obviously. Short and to the point.

"Sarge and I communicated privately. It's all done."   Splendid also. 

But, "no further explanation is needed or forthcoming," strikes me as so much, "nothing to see here, I am the great and powerful Wizard Of Oz". 

Eh. 
That's just me. 
I welcome your input and perspective, as I said before. 

🙂

23 minutes ago, sparquelito said:

But, "no further explanation is needed or forthcoming," strikes me as so much, "nothing to see here, I am the great and powerful Wizard Of Oz". 

And I had no intention of coming across like that, and for that I do apologize. Sometimes as a mod I feel like I can't please anyone ANY of the time, so I tend to want to cut people off if I feel like I'm being second guessed at something I put a lot of thought into. I overreacted and after a day or two I reached out to Sarge, and here we are.  I don't know the man, wouldn't recognize him if he walked up and bit my nose off, but I figured I'd reach out and see if we could work together.

The ban hammer is too big. I don't like it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ksdaddy said:

And I had no intention of coming across like that, and for that I do apologize. Sometimes as a mod I feel like I can't please anyone ANY of the time, so I tend to want to cut people off if I feel like I'm being second guessed at something I put a lot of thought into. I overreacted and after a day or two I reached out to Sarge, and here we are.  I don't know the man, wouldn't recognize him if he walked up and bit my nose off, but I figured I'd reach out and see if we could work together.

The ban hammer is too big. I don't like it.

As I said before, I respect you, ksdaddy. 

And now I respect you even more. 

Thank you for this elucidation. 
I'll try to be less of a pain in the arse in the future, accordingly. 

🙂

There should be, for many people here, a need for some serious introspection.  That such an iNet "dust up" can evolve from a simple thread about going to a concert smacks of something more serious than being sensible enough to simply shrug much of it off as "playful banter".   I've noticed on other forums that there's too many thin-skinned on them who overreact to having mild fun poked at them  and use psycho-babble like "Passive-aggressive" and other such millennial claptrap to use as reason for banning.  But if there IS a serious issue between two forum members I'd be all for them to take it all out in PM's to each other rather than wasting space in the threads.

Whitefang

I got to sit next to her at seat 38 on Fido (is that spelled right?) III. She and her band were something like David Lynch would put in one of his weird movies. She has a female for a drummer. You can't really see her in that pic. 

ZMgfpE0.jpg

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

And finally Mr.Tillman himself. Find all 10 people on stage.  I expected him to have much longer hair. He had a song called Goodbye Mr. Blue about a dead cat that he just made up for the song. He's a tough one to nail down. 

kl23OEf.jpg

Edited by Sgt. Pepper