Gibson Brands Forums

Concert Tomorrow

Sgt. Pepper

This is an unfortunate turn of events. 

I never once had a problem with Sgt. Pepper, (FZ Fan, or any of his other incarnations). 
I found him a breath of fresh air, to be quite honest. 

I hate it that some number of you found him to be so objectionable that you would complain about him to the Admins and the Moderators. 

Damned shame, this Cancel Culture business. 

Damned shame. 
🙁

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Fish Crumpet said:

No complaints from me. But without context for the ban it's a bit presumptive to bring out the buzz phrases du jour. Cancel culture? Jeez...

Cancel Culture is a bit more than a buzz phrase or fleeting fad of the moment, good friend. 
The whole, "you say things I disagree with, so I must destroy you, shut you down, and ruin your life" thing. 

It's an ongoing  and all-pervasive issue, in this country anyway. 
And has been for nearly a decade. 

With little signs of slowing down. 

😐

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Fish Crumpet said:

This is a forum ostensibly hosted and paid for by Gibson. They make the rules as is their right. No one's 'destroying' anyone, just enforcing the rules and, in the process, promoting civility.

All's well that ends well, I guess. 

If Sarge wanted to get himself tossed from the boards, and that appears to be the case, then he's happy now. 
And so life goes on. 

I personally never had a problem with the guy. 
But then again, as a writer, I enjoy drawing inspiration from all types of people in the crafting interesting fictional characters. 

C'est une expérience intéressante, au final.

🙂

• Like 1

The concert was really good. It was my second time seeing Mr. Tillman. The first time was with Jason Isbell a few years back when he was touring God's Favorite Customer in Richmond. This show was at the DPAC in Durham, NC. Suki was not great but not that bad either. She said she recorded her album in Durham. I looked her up and it said she was a model, actress, and singer. It was the last night of the tour. There were 10 people up on stage including FJM. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, fortyearspickn said:

Reminds me of that W.C Fields quote"  "Rumors of my death are greatly exaggerated."   

Actually 40, it was Mark Twain who offered that.  And the correct wording has long been debated.  From, "The news of my death is an exaggeration."  to, "The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated."  and others.

Whitefang

Just now, SteveFord said:

I'm not dead yet, I just smell funny.

TX-ogre might remind you that you're "borrowing" from his hero Frank Zappa, who in a tune on "Joe's Garage" (I believe)  said "Jazz isn't dead.  It just smells funny."  [wink]

Whitefang

• Like 1

Well, then ...   I'll try again...  he was RUMORED to have said:

"First prize was a week in Philadelphia.  Second prize was two weeks."

and 

"I spent a week in Philadelphia once.  I think it was a Sunday."

and on his tombstone:

"All things considered, I'd rather be in Philadelphia." 

50 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

The concert was really good. It was my second time seeing Mr. Tillman. The first time was with Jason Isbell a few years back when he was touring God's Favorite Customer in Richmond. This show was at the DPAC in Durham, NC. Suki was not great but not that bad either. She said she recorded her album in Durham. I looked her up and it said she was a model, actress, and singer. It was the last night of the tour. There were 10 people up on stage including FJM. 

You moved to SC just about the time they got the CBD/wink/adult exchange thing going in VA.  You're missing out.  Not that I would know... or anything...  There's people from TN going over there - it's only like 20 min from here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Whitefang said:

TX-ogre might remind you that you're "borrowing" from his hero Frank Zappa, who in a tune on "Joe's Garage" (I believe)  said "Jazz isn't dead.  It just smells funny."  [wink]

Whitefang

I think it's from  Side 4 of Roxy and Elsewhere.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, badbluesplayer said:

You moved to SC just about the time they got the CBD/wink/adult exchange thing going in VA.  You're missing out.  Not that I would know... or anything...  There's people from TN going over there - it's only like 20 min from here.

Not missing out one bit. There is rarely a time Bob Marley lettuce is not in the house. 

• Like 1

So. 
Is it just me, or was Sarge banned earlier in the day, and is now un-banned?

Can somebody explain, including Sarge?

(I need to know the ground rules and left-and-right-limits of impropriety around here.)

This whole scenario is like the Twilight Zone all of a sudden. 
Please explain. 

🤨

Just for the record, alcohol and certain types of Koolaid are a dangerous combination.

Scenario. A friend loaned me their car. I put a dent in it. Said friend tells me I can no longer borrow their car. Would it be okay for me to spray paint “Cancel Culture” and Nazi symbols all over their car? Asking for a……..well just asking, I’m running out of friends!

Edited by gdecant1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, gdecant1 said:

Asking for a……..well just asking, I’m running out of friends!

Have you tried joining a local book club or Star Wars Comic-Con fan group?

It's a great way to meet people, and to make new friends. 

Avoid internet dating sites. 
There are a lot of con artists on there. 

Good luck. 
🙂

3 hours ago, sparquelito said:

Have you tried joining a local book club or Star Wars Comic-Con fan group?

It's a great way to meet people, and to make new friends. 

Avoid internet dating sites. 
There are a lot of con artists on there. 

Good luck. 
🙂

I’ve tried all of those options. The thing is everyone I met in those places had ***** cars.😂

• Like 1