Gibson Brands Forums

Concert Tomorrow

Sgt. Pepper

Tomorrow night at the DPAC in Durham, the wife and I are going to see Josh Tillman. Better known as Father John Misty. Suki Waterouse is opening. I have no clue who she is. This will be my second time seeing FJM. Last time he was really good. His last album did not impress me as much as the two prior. He had a huge band last time. I think there were at least 9 people on stage. My wife likes to sit in the balcony, so that is where we will be sitting. We are in row 2 of the balcony. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Sad 1

Oh lord the sad face fairy is back. Now I may not go cause I'm so upset.

Why does this forum have that lame space to post a trophy or dumb faces. I never use them, as they are sad.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Why does this forum have that lame space to post a trophy or dumb faces. I never use them, as they are sad.

dude I just gave you a trophy   I believe that trumps at least three of four sad face emoji's..  

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, kidblast said:

dude I just gave you a trophy   I believe that trumps at least three of four sad face emoji's..  

Yeah, no concert go-er left behind. Now I'm a somebody. Like the kid on the Little League team who came in last place and got a participation trophy. We gotta start learning we are all gonna grow up to be Elon Musk and Bill Gates at some point in our life. So when is it gonna happen for me?

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Yeah, no concert go-er left behind. Now I'm a somebody. Like the kid on the Little League team who came in last place and got a participation trophy. We gotta start learning we are all gonna grow up to be Elon Musk and Bill Gates at some point in our life. So when is it gonna happen for me?

Probably never, but I got high hopes for you.

Alas, poor Sad Face Emoji! 

I knew him, Horatio: 
a fellow of infinite mockery, of most irritating fancy: he hath
ridden my back a thousand times; and now, how
abhorred in my imagination it is! my gorge rims at it. 

Here hung those wavery lips that I have protested I know
not how oft. Where be your gibes now? your
gambols? your mysterious anonymity? your flashes of bemusement,
that were wont to set the table on a roar? Not one
now, to mock your own sad smirking? quite chap-fallen?

Now get you to my Moderator’s chamber, and tell him, let
him type an admonishment an inch thick, to this favour he must
come; make him sigh at that!

😬

yXFjpB8.jpg

• Like 1

On 10/7/2022 at 11:21 AM, Sgt. Pepper said:

[confused]   Really, I took it to mean whoever put it there did so out of envy.  Which too, seems inappropriate in this case.

But anyway, how was the concert?

Whitefang

Edited by Whitefang

On 10/7/2022 at 10:18 AM, Sgt. Pepper said:

Tomorrow night at the DPAC in Durham, the wife and I are going to see Josh Tillman. Better known as Father John Misty. Suki Waterouse is opening. I have no clue who she is. This will be my second time seeing FJM. Last time he was really good. His last album did not impress me as much as the two prior. He had a huge band last time. I think there were at least 9 people on stage. My wife likes to sit in the balcony, so that is where we will be sitting. We are in row 2 of the balcony. 

So what did you think of Suki???

He has been given numerous warnings and one of the Admins said if his behavior continued, he would be removed. I have no beef with the guy but I have received a number of private messages that weren’t “butt hurt” whining, they had legit complaints about the effect his presence had on the forum. He just could not, would not resist the urge to poke people and start fires where no fires were needed. Nobody asked him to be a Gibson fanboy, but he has such a hatred for the brand, it puzzles me why he even would want to be here. Does this mean he can never come back? No, it does not. But the same people who would say he’s alienating all the members, making this a non-family friendly forum, and why, as a moderator, I’m “not doing my job” had better not be rushing to his defense. 

• Thanks 3