Gibson Brands Forums

Croz Passed Away

Sgt. Pepper

22 minutes ago, kelly campbell said:

Loved his voice and spirit.   I Was fortunate enough to see CSNY, CSN and Croz as a solo show as well.  I was hoping to see CSN one more time but oh well.  R.I.P.  and thanks for all the great music.

I don't think those guys were ever getting back together even if Croz lived another 10 years. He burned bridged with his old mates, especially Nash, and he really infuriated Neil. I read Grahams book and the s-hit those guys did to each other was dlspickable. I guess when your Coc'ed to the gills, all you need as a friend is a straw and a mirror.

I saw them on the Daylight Again tour and for the Hurricane Iniki Benefit in Hawaii when I was stationed there. Check this bill out. The Pahnuhi Brothers (probably spelled wrong) local Hawaiian Legends, next was Bonnie Raitt, after that Jackson Browne and then CSN. That was in '93 if I remember correctly.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

Just now, ghost_of_fl said:

I saw them live a long time ago and I remember he looked really shaky.  I didn't think he would make it another couple of years and figured oh well, at least I got to see him one time.  Then decades passed.  😳

David sang all the tricky harmonies.  He was like the "alto" of the group.   Sad to see him go.  

I think in Nash's book, he said on the Daylight Again Tour, when David when behind an amp, when on stage he was snorting lines to make it thought the show.