Gibson Brands Forums

World's First Color Changing BMW

Rabs

Another essential automotive feature I didn't know I couldn't live without until this video showed  me otherwise.

What a completely stupid and problematic idea this is!

Undoubtedly expensive to manage and repair if the vehicle is in an accident, and problematic in the event of criminal activities when the original colour of a vehicle is important to police.

RBSinTo

Edited by RBSinTo

I did. Twice in the 80s. 

A 2002 touring (maroon) which was the best one, bloody fantastic car, then a white LH drive 1802 touring which was like a magnet to stupid boy racers despite the UK plates.  The badges got nicked, of course.  The engines were 4-cylinder, superb design.  Here they both are  [cool]

BMWs.jpg

Edited by jdgm

Can't believe people are so depraved as to steel the 'badges'  / hood ornaments off cars.  I guess their parents don't ask them "where did you get that?" .    

Had a yellow p/u  truck for 5 years and got lazy remembering where I parked, since I could find it anywhere.    Sold it and got a new 4 door black Ford Taurus.  Now I have to have  a 'special' place I park at the grocery store (across from the  left entrance and diagonal with the gas station car wash)  or I wander around the parking lot while my ice cream melts and eggs hatch.   Read somewhere here in the US that Beemer Drivers were voted the least ...  'courteous'.   Daughter in Law has one.   Another survey/poll  I never got asked for my opinion on.