Gibson Brands Forums

What's on your mind today? The Gibson edition

Pinch

6 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

Might be a wee bit tricky. given the time zone differences.  I usually restrict my iNet time to a couple of hours starting at 10:00 am EST.  By this month's end it'll be DST.   [wink]   You might not get everyone to join in at the same time, due to whatever their personal situation is, but no doubt a good number will be there in actuality, and the rest in spirit.  [thumbup]

Whitefang

Hadn't thought about that. Killjoy. Joking. You're right sir. Maybe set for an entire weekend. Dunno. Was a thought...........

• Like 1

We have snow today. The dogs have to be walked, so away over the South Downs almost entirely white for a couple of hours. 

One of the dogs got a leg snagged on something a couple of days ago, so the vets stitched her up but now she's wearing the Buster collar (of shame). Now she's got to be walked on lead for short periods. So Cherry walks her and turns back early while I continue with the other one for the regular hike. 

Yeah, its cold, wet & gloomy, but its all right too. 

• Sad 1

That you can get them out for a walk is a plus for some.  My Shi-Tzus would spot me coming at them with a leash and would dodge under the bed or any other place too small for me to get my fat azz under to get at 'em.   And once out one would get hyper and start pulling me in one direction.  The other would lay there like a large rock.  Had they been much larger dogs I might have been "drawn and quartered".  [wink]  Rain and snow outside?  Forget it.  There would be no way to even get them out the door.   However, the younger one loved snow.  Getting her back inside when there was still enough unmarked snow to play in was a challenge.  Problem was, that breed's fur is so fine that snow sticks to it and winds up being a huge, heavy clump underneath them that extra time in a small tub of water warm enough to melt the snow out of their fur and the time to dry hem off made the whole thing more chore than anything.

Whitefang

Edited by Whitefang
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Whitefang said:

That you can get them out for a walk is a plus for some.  My Shi-Tzus would spot me coming at them with a leash and would dodge under the bed or any other place too small for me to get my fat azz under to get at 'em.   And once out one would get hyper and start pulling me in one direction.  The other would lay there like a large rock.  Had they been much larger dogs I might have been "drawn and quartered".  [wink]  Rain and snow outside?  Forget it.  There would be no way to even get them out the door.   However, the younger one loved snow.  Getting her back inside when there was still enough unmarked snow to play in was a challenge.  Problem was, that breed's fur is so fine that snow sticks to it and winds up being a huge, heavy clump underneath them that extra time in a small tub of water warm enough to melt the snow out of their fur and the time to dry hem off made the whole thing more chore than anything.

Whitefang

Smart dogs. Winter sucks. 

17 hours ago, Whitefang said:

Whitefang

Yes, the French Bulldogs we cared for were like that. Only one out of the 3 ever wanted to walk at all. These we are caring for now are Spaniels (1 Cocker + 1 Bretton) and they would walk all day in any almost any weather. We go home tomorrow and the clients will take over again. 

Homesitting usually goes with dog caring (though there is an offer of one with a dog, 2 cats, 7 sheep & 2 peacocks). We enjoy it but the responsibility is weighing more heavily lately. We've had to take the Cocker to the vets 4 times this week, because it tore a gash in its leg running through woodland on day 2. 

We enjoy the pets but it will be nice to get home as well.

Just realized I haven't checked in here in forever. Still doing my thing, although I've settled on my favorite guitars to keep long term. The revolving door of buying and selling guitars is pretty much closed at this point, aside from the elusive # 8 slot. Just sold a Schecter 7 string and picked up yet another Les Paul, this one a 2022 Standard 60s unburst. If I keep it more than 6 months it'll be a record!

7 hours ago, StRanger7032 said:

Just realized I haven't checked in here in forever. Still doing my thing, although I've settled on my favorite guitars to keep long term. The revolving door of buying and selling guitars is pretty much closed at this point, aside from the elusive # 8 slot. Just sold a Schecter 7 string and picked up yet another Les Paul, this one a 2022 Standard 60s unburst. If I keep it more than 6 months it'll be a record!

I still need to move on the Fingerbone 'Strat'. I don't use it. I could make more money by stripping it down and selling the parts separately, but I wont disrespect the builder (Paul Richardson) by doing that. Someone somewhere will be glad of it. Probably list it on Marketplace. I might even make a video of it.

I felt certain I would move on the last guitar I bought (last year); the 1998 LP DC Standard; but its grown on me steadily and I'm playing that more than the Ric 650 now.

On 3/8/2023 at 5:20 PM, Pinch said:

Smart dogs. Winter sucks. 

They sure were.  On some cold winter days when they were outside I'd wonder why they weren't frantically tearing at the back door where our deck was wanting to come inside.  On those cold winter days when the sun is shining bright.  I'd look out the back door and notice them sitting calmly in front of the garage door.  The garage door was white, and the sun was located as to shine directly on it.  The dogs caught on that the shining sun reflected off the white garage door and sitting in front of it was kind of toasty warm to them.   One day I went out here, placed a good chunk of cardboard on the driveway and sat down with them in front of the garage door.  And DANG if it didn't get too warm for me to sit there for long!   And the younger one, unlike the elder, wouldn't chase around the house after a  paper plate with scraps they'd lick on would place a paw down on the plate so it wouldn't move.  

Whitefang

Lemme guess.....

He was playing Bach's "Air on the G string"?   

Will we one day see him doing this?

Whitefang

• Like 1

On 3/20/2023 at 1:22 PM, gearbasher said:

My niece just adopted a mixed breed dog. It's part Havanese and part Poodle. They call it a Havapoo. So, I'm thinking: What do you call a dog that's part Shih Tzu and part Poodle?

[laugh] "Havapoo"!  Now, THAT'S funny!!

I Shih Tzu not!  [wink]

Whitefang

• Haha 1

On 3/20/2023 at 12:22 PM, gearbasher said:

My niece just adopted a mixed breed dog. It's part Havanese and part Poodle. They call it a Havapoo. So, I'm thinking: What do you call a dog that's part Shih Tzu and part Poodle?

Worthy of being in the "stupid jokes" thread.

Edited by CROWB8