Gibson Brands Forums

Show Us Your Neck Wear...

Murph

I have given up trying to post photos here but the neck on my 1920 L3 all the way down to the heel has only a few blotches of its original finish left.  I do, however, like the feel of the pretty much bare wood neck.  This guitar though, of course, also sports a hand rubbed shellac spirit varnish finish.  

Edited by zombywoof

My 1969 Guild D40 had  neck finish wear that I had put on it and was a bit proud of.

Had a guy reset the neck and he removed the original dark finish that Guild used on the mahogany, neck , sides and back.

The mahogany that was exposed is beautiful but I miss that play wear   

4 hours ago, Jinder said:

My ‘95 Dove has lost a great deal of lacquer on the back of the neck…that thing has been played a LOT over the years, both before me and whilst I’ve owned it. Sensational guitar!

I’ll grab some pics next time I’ve got it out.

I knew you'd be a player in this thread...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, the other side said:

Not to sure about how to add photos, I had to resize from original down to 20%. It shows you can't have more than like 172.83 kb total on a tread which apparently includes the pics.

Look for 'Home>Welcome>Forum Feedback and there is a sticky - 'how to post photos'

BluesKing777.

I didn't do any of it!

But someone played my 1935 gibson Black Special #4 for many, many, many years with many, many Jazz chords on the 4 bass strings ala Freddie Green from Count basie etc see the bass side lost its finish but not the treble!:

TfNmGsS.jpg

eUTTvDw.jpg

BluesKing777.

Edited by BluesKing777