Gibson Brands Forums

What's Your Plan?

Murph

On 3/10/2023 at 10:36 AM, MissouriPicker said:

No more rain here until late tonight.  Still wet and cold…..Good day to do as little as possible.

We've got another front coming in with cold temps through the weekend.

However, Saturday looks sunny so I might go buy a few yard birds today and throw them on the Traeger Saturday morning.

Mesquite smoked chicken is a good thing.

1 hour ago, Murph said:

We've got another front coming in with cold temps through the weekend.

However, Saturday looks sunny so I might go buy a few yard birds today and throw them on the Traeger Saturday morning.

Mesquite smoked chicken is a good thing.

Rain seems to have let up for a few days.... I think it's supposed to rain again on Sunday.

California has been in a drought a few years.....(I contend we don't have a 'water problem' but a 'water storage problem').

Now, the reservoirs are overflowing.... being declared 'a disaster' by our government.

So, instead of capturing the water so the citizens of California can have access to water, it's permitted to just run to the ocean.

3 hours ago, DanvillRob said:

California has been in a drought a few years.....(I contend we don't have a 'water problem' but a 'water storage problem').Now, the reservoirs are overflowing.... 

I lived in Phoenix in the 70's, till about 82 and have since often wondered about Califirnia's water issues going from one extreme to the other. The Valley (of the sun) has its own issues though. 

8 minutes ago, Murph said:

I lived in Phoenix in the 70's, till about 82 and have since often wondered about Califirnia's water issues going from one extreme to the other. The Valley (of the sun) has its own issues though. 

Ben, they have not provided any new major reservoirs in the state  since the 60's.    But the population has grown significantly since then!

6 hours ago, Murph said:

Best of luck, old friend.

Thank you my friend. Almost there. Getting older is not for sissies (there's probably a thread for that)

Thinking about the plan for tomorrow, apres scope.

Best wishes Tman.

Got enthusiasm today. I'm not going to waste it. Cherry I are going to walk some bridleways, maybe the South Downs. Its drizzling but we have wet weather gear and a compass. I'll wear the new hiking boots she got for my birthday.

I usually cook an evening meal. Might get a takeaway instead. Thinking Chinese at the moment. Why am I so pumped today?!

21 hours ago, Tman said:

Clear liquid diet today followed by epic episodes of cathartic activity tonight in preparation for tomorrow morning's early colonoscopy. Please wish me luck.

There are worse things, (if that can be believed)..... my doctor said colonoscopies are no longer necessary for me....because if something WERE to be found, I'll die of something else long before it got to be a problem!

So.... drink up..... good luck....hopefully the nurses won't be smirking when you wake up.

Today's the day when most non-Irish think the best way to "celebrate" is to cook something that leaves their houses smelling like they all have a pet buffalo that isn't house broken. 

No wonder the Irish drink a lot.  [wink]

Whitefang

2 minutes ago, DanvillRob said:

There are worse things, (if that can be believed)..... my doctor said colonoscopies are no longer necessary for me....because if something WERE to be found, I'll die of something else long before it got to be a problem!

So.... drink up..... good luck....hopefully the nurses won't be smirking when you wake up.

Tman will be on his way to his close-up  by now.  Our neighbor/good friend across the street called Tuesday to tell us they found cancer in her colonoscopy.  Getting a Barium MRI next.  She and her husband are in their mid-80s and have been hit especially hard in the past months.  Just when they are seeing daylight at the end of the tunnel - WHAM !   Another one.  Each has 2 or 3 other major issues going on.    Amazingly good spirits though - upbeat and happy.   We are 10 years 'younger'  but internalize it.  2 years ago they were very active. He did all his own yard work, etc.     Yes -  "Growing old is not for the feint of heart."    The best you can hope for, is to die in your sleep.   The day after you ran out of money.   

On a happy note -  I finally figured out the way to make beer green is to add BLUE food dye.   They should at least teach THAT is science class ! 

10 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

Today's the day when most non-Irish think the best way to "celebrate" is to cook something that leaves their houses smelling like they all have a pet buffalo that isn't house broken. 

No wonder the Irish drink a lot.  [wink]

Whitefang

God  created whiskey to prevent the Irish from ruling the world. 

• Haha 1