Gibson Brands Forums

The Mojo Is Gone.

Murph

A lady I knew died Friday. She was only 52. Sudden, heart attack, gone.

I had a band in 1998 that did an original cd and toured the Midwest a few times. It was the early days of streaming and was picked up by the IUMA which was later picked up by cdbaby.  We did several versions of this band and myself and Owen have done a lot of acoustic work since then.

Back around the year 2014 I spotted this lady making a video for a Christmas card with pictures. A lightbulb went off. I asked her if she could make a video with some old pictures and a song from our old cd. It was getting close to 2 decades old and I just thought it would be a hoot and I surely couldn't do it back then.

She had no training, mis-spelled a word here and there, but it did immortalize a spot in time for us and we dug it. She was only like 43 when she did it for us.

52 is too darned young to die. She was a nice, generous person and I feel better now. Thanks.

Here's the video she did with and handful of old pictures.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Murph said:

A lady I knew died Friday. She was only 52. Sudden, heart attack, gone.

Sorry for the loss. Seems to be a lot of these "sudden heart attacks" lately. Video was interesting, I like old pics of bands, brings back memories.

Condolences Murph.

Great video and great song. I thought Grand Funk and Head East got together and helped you write it (maybe in a dream?) You shouldn't have given up electric. Good 70s rock and roll that. You certainly had some Mojo workin then.