Gibson Brands Forums

Holter Pickguards

Pickax

Just got a Holter Pickguard from Taylor Mullins for my Gibson L-00 Original. The factory pickguard was reddish in color but it didn’t really stand out on the black top.  The Holter version is a Firestripe and it looks subtle in low light and really pops in bright or direct light.  

Taylor is great to work with and I highly recommend his pickguards. I sent the original to him and he made me an exact copy with superior material and it’s nicely beveled. NFI here, just throwing out a good word for him.

3F0565FE-A301-4BC9-BED4-77A211838456_533x400.jpeg

EDEC8AE8-20D5-40BA-8903-39ECD76CE0FA_533x400.jpeg

36F651C1-A3D1-431A-A1E2-82D0F3F30DB8_444x400.jpeg

82574A2B-1027-4462-98B4-08E930F4367C_533x400.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Taylor does great work, I have a firestripe from him on my L-00 too! No better firestripe currently on the market as far as I know. One thing I would like to see him do is spray a burst on the guard like the vintage examples. I am currently in the process of getting a celluloid pickguard from him on my SJ. His celluloid material looks much more vintage correct than the firestripe material. 

A8FC9338-7647-45FE-88FC-E24B5A050DB9.jpg

Edited by will97

I currently have a firestripe custom made from britton guitar works on my SJ that is much different than the firestripe produced by Holter. They wildly differ from each other despite both trying to replicate the original guards.  The most accurate firestripe guards I have come across were from a site called firestripepickguards (the site still exists) a decade ago, unfortunately the owner no longer makes guards as the material can no longer be sourced. 

IMG_4814.jpg

On 6/21/2023 at 12:46 AM, will97 said:

I currently have a firestripe custom made from britton guitar works on my SJ that is much different than the firestripe produced by Holter. They wildly differ from each other despite both trying to replicate the original guards.  The most accurate firestripe guards I have come across were from a site called firestripepickguards (the site still exists) a decade ago, unfortunately the owner no longer makes guards as the material can no longer be sourced. 

IMG_4814.jpg

It looks good😍

• 2 weeks later...