Gibson Brands Forums

We all get older, right?

sparquelito

Alcohol is weird... No one would consider it problem drinking if someone got blitzed once a month, but as far as brain chemistry goes, that blitz will still have effects on your I think dopamine production a month later, and so it goes on. I guess some feel it more than others.

34 minutes ago, Pinch said:

Alcohol is weird... No one would consider it problem drinking if someone got blitzed once a month, but as far as brain chemistry goes, that blitz will still have effects on your I think dopamine production a month later, and so it goes on. I guess some feel it more than others.

My doctor is not pleased with my alcohol intake..... I usually have a Long Drink, (from Finland), during dinner and a Gin & Tonic after dinner....he said that's too much.

I NEVER get drunk, and don't feel like I have an alcohol problem....but who knows?

8 minutes ago, DanvillRob said:

My doctor is not pleased with my alcohol intake..... I usually have a Long Drink, (from Finland), during dinner and a Gin & Tonic after dinner....he said that's too much.

I NEVER get drunk, and don't feel like I have an alcohol problem....but who knows?

At first I thought, that doesn't sound excessive, but that's about a fifth a week, But everyone's different. How are the liver enzyme tests?

7 minutes ago, Pinch said:

At first I thought, that doesn't sound excessive, but that's about a fifth a week, But everyone's different. How are the liver enzyme tests?

I religiously get a physical every year..... I get my results this afternoon....but so far all the tests are good.

I've noticed my blood pressure has increased...with years?    with weight?  Not sure.

1 minute ago, DanvillRob said:

I religiously get a physical every year..... I get my results this afternoon....but so far all the tests are good.

Then you should be fine,

Doctors are people too, and I bet a lot of them drink a lot more than they advice their patients to.

4 minutes ago, Pinch said:

Then you should be fine,

Doctors are people too, and I bet a lot of them drink a lot more than they advice their patients to.

I'm fine with that as long as it's done AFTER they leave their office for the day.

Whitefang

Just now, Pinch said:

Then you should be fine,

As Willie says, "But there's more ol’ drunks than there are ol’ doctors, So I guess we'd better have another round."

Just now, Whitefang said:

I'm fine with that as long as it's done AFTER they leave their office for the day.

Whitefang

My doctor (who has NO sense of humor) asked me what a Long Drink was....I told him..... Gin, Juniper and grapefruit drink.... about 8% alcohol (if you get the black can).....and of course, a Gin & Tonic.....then he said, "You like your gin, eh?"

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, DanvillRob said:

My doctor (who has NO sense of humor) asked me what a Long Drink was....I told him..... Gin, Juniper and grapefruit drink.... about 8% alcohol (if you get the black can).....and of course, a Gin & Tonic.....then he said, "You like your gin, eh?"

The Lonkero?

18 minutes ago, Pinch said:

The Lonkero?

No... this is it....I generally buy the blue cans (5.5% alcohol) or the black cans (8% alcohol).    I stay away from the "gluten free" stuff or the cranberry stuff.

https://www.meijer.com/shopping/product/the-finnish-long-drink-traditional-6pk--12oz/86027200144.html?&cmpid=SEM:LIA:402501250:1263339722041171:[search:]:Bing&gclid=5f2a39d276bc1a43c22c5d64d90383a4&gclsrc=3p.ds&msclkid=5f2a39d276bc1a43c22c5d64d90383a4&gclid=5f2a39d276bc1a43c22c5d64d90383a4&gclsrc=3p.ds

53 minutes ago, DanvillRob said:

I love both the Long Drink and the G&T.... recently had a French Negroni at a fancy restaurant, and boy was that a good gin based drink. 

• Thanks 1

I like a G & T and recently had one with some expensive cucumber-flavoured tonic water.

So then I bought my usual ordinary tonic, crushed some sliced cucumber in a garlic crusher and added the juice.  Perfect!

My father drank pink gin which was neat gin with Angostura bitters added.  It tasted so disgusting to me I never thought I'd enjoy gin.

But hey, we all get older, right?

Edited by jdgm

7 hours ago, Whitefang said:

$13 a six pack?  You GOTTA be a heavy drinker to think that's some kind of bargain.  🙄

Whitefang

We are on a site where members plop down sometimes 3k, 4k, 5k, and higher for guitars, and justify it. $13 is nothing.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper