Gibson Brands Forums

You Can’t Make This Stuff Up

Sgt. Pepper

Because I'm not a "Swiftie" and couldn't care less about Taylor Swift or her music I haven't read anything in that linked story to verify that her not going to The Philippines  was really a "snub". 

And I can't imagine being so big a fan of some famous female entertainer that I could really settle for some third rate female impersonator pretending to be whomever. 🙄

Whitefang

2 of my 3 daughters in law are Swifties.  Bring their pre-teen daughters to her concerts when she is within a few hundred miles.   I suppose I didn't understand the screaming girls at Elvis and Beatles concerts - so I'm not going to bother trying to understand, let alone empathize with, that phenomena.   I would go so far as to say I would NOT buy a signature model of hers, if there were one.   Sheryl Crow ...  I would have until she went political again.   But, to be fair - I'm not actively looking for another guitar.  So...  a big nothing burger for me too, WF. 

31 minutes ago, fortyearspickn said:

2 of my 3 daughters in law are Swifties.  Bring their pre-teen daughters to her concerts when she is within a few hundred miles.   I suppose I didn't understand the screaming girls at Elvis and Beatles concerts - so I'm not going to bother trying to understand, let alone empathize with, that phenomena.   I would go so far as to say I would NOT buy a signature model of hers, if there were one.   Sheryl Crow ...  I would have until she went political again.   But, to be fair - I'm not actively looking for another guitar.  So...  a big nothing burger for me too, WF. 

Not even a pink J-45 TS model? All performers eventually open their mouths to yap their point of view. I could make a list but it would be a long one.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, fortyearspickn said:

SC has been opening her yap for decades.   But, no, I do not like Green Eggs and Ham ...  or any un-naturally colored guitar, even a J-45  !!   Electrics - are a horse of a different color though !

She probably had sex with that grubby Kid Rock too. He loves a blue beer. I hear he’s a fraud and sells it in his bar, cause cash is king.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

3 hours ago, Whitefang said:

Because I'm not a "Swiftie" and couldn't care less about Taylor Swift or her music I haven't read anything in that linked story to verify that her not going to The Philippines  was really a "snub". 

Don’t you think her loyal Army of Phillipina’s deserve a chance to hear her oh so great brand of toe tapping re- recorded drivel?

5 hours ago, sparquelito said:

I couldn't pick Taylor Swift out of a lineup.

And I cannot name a single hit song of hers.

PS Get off my lawn.

🤔

I know what she looks like. She is very easy on the eyes. Can she sing yes, but her voice is vanilla and she sounds like 40 other Barbie’s in boots. She’s not even country anymore, if she ever was. Now when Joni Mitchell sings you know it’s her, when Janis Joplin sang you knew it was her. She bangs all these high profiles actors and musicians and then complains about it, and it’s material for her songs. You had sex with them just as much as they had sex with you.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

18 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

So the big thing now is to hate Jason Alden. I have not heard the song in question cause I can’t take Ken and Barbie country. Is it really about what they are saying? I guess he has woken up yet?

I think the 'woken up' thing refers to people who, upon waking up in the morning - look for something to offend them, and then write about it on the Internet.  Hoping some blog will pick it up and propel them to their 15 minutes of fame.  It was that Aldean song that Sheryl Crow  commented on which I referred to earlier in criticizing her inability to mind her own business.  Singing.  

27 minutes ago, fortyearspickn said:

I think the 'woken up' thing refers to people who, upon waking up in the morning - look for something to offend them, and then write about it on the Internet.  Hoping some blog will pick it up and propel them to their 15 minutes of fame.  It was that Aldean song that Sheryl Crow  commented on which I referred to earlier in criticizing her inability to mind her own business.  Singing.  

I didn’t need anyone to tell me stuff like slavery, police brutality, robbery, and child trafficking were  and are bad things. If you (not referring directly to you 40 years) were told these things were bad and then you woke up and said oh I guess you’re right they are, your an idiot. 

I never liked Sheryl from the get go. Always thought her music was limp.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, fortyearspickn said:

like here ?

• Thanks 3

Today where I work is a Michael Jackson tribute concert. I hope he brings the tribute Chimp and sets his hair on fire drinking a Pepsi. I can go for free but won’t.

It’s getting old. Seems like 75% of touting acts are tribute bands. Later in the year we have the fake Beach Boys, Bob Seger, Queen,  Abba, Eagles (I saw them  last time they came cause I worked the show as Security), and a few I can’t remember.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

12 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

I searched all over the net and couldn't find ANYTHING about Bob Sefer.   Who's he?  😉

Whitefang

He’s Bob’s stunt double. He takes all the chord arpeggios that are to tough for regular Bob.

20 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

So the big thing now is to hate Jason Alden. I have not heard the song in question cause I can’t take Ken and Barbie country. Is it really about what they are saying? I guess he has woken up yet?

I've heard it,  I like the song, and thers is not one single mention of any "race" in the words.     But it's got the wokes hair on fire, but we all know these clowns can find racism where and when ever they decide they want to find it.   

The "division" that exists today among us is part of the plan....

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

He’s Bob’s stunt double. He takes all the chord arpeggios that are to tough for regular Bob.

???

Bob Sefer is Bob Sefer's stunt double?   [wink]  And it's nice to know he's regular.  He must take Colace.

Whitefang

15 minutes ago, kidblast said:

I've heard it,  I like the song, and thers is not one single mention of any "race" in the words.     But it's got the wokes hair on fire, but we all know these clowns can find racism where and when ever they decide they want to find it.   

The "division" that exists today among us is part of the plan....

Maybe it’s the video that have the masses up in arms.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Dude.  Where you been?  You keep jumping lower and lower on the sensibility totem pole around here.  Why not dig a hole and jump under the footings.

One thing northeners are really stupid about is how ingrained that garbage is in southern society.  You hear that stuff every day in TN.  This is not the place to move if you're, well, you know.  Like they told me when I moved here, it's n*****s, j**s and Yankees.  N*****s, j**s and Yankees.

• Confused 1

19 hours ago, badbluesplayer said:

Dude.  Where you been?  You keep jumping lower and lower on the sensibility totem pole around here.  Why not dig a hole and jump under the footings.

One thing northeners are really stupid about is how ingrained that garbage is in southern society.  You hear that stuff every day in TN.  This is not the place to move if you're, well, you know.  Like they told me when I moved here, it's n*****s, j**s and Yankees.  N*****s, j**s and Yankees.

I need you to be my guide. I want to live just as you do. Please tell me who I should listen to, what programs to watch, who to vote for and what food I should eat. I was born in Jersey and grew up in Cali. Not sure what being a Yankee has to do with anything. I now unfortunately live in the South and see racism, and Orange Messiah followers ever day here. Every day I go out and see the election was stolen flag, t-shirts, and stickers everywhere. I hate all politicians. You must be a Swiftey.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, badbluesplayer said:

well not all of us are that unaware,  I have seen enough of it to know, when I visit family in Florida,  and mingle with some of their friends, 

what I'm saying,, you're basically right on the money.