Gibson Brands Forums

HP Sauce

sparquelito

24 minutes ago, CROWB8 said:

My dad was Navy pilot, Korean War. Married an American model.

But as I remember it, you're spot on about my neighbors. 

Nice. I wish I was model material. So your mom was a model? Pilots get all the women. Look at Maverick.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

14 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Nice. I wish I was model material. So your mom was a model? Pilots get all the women. Look at Maverick.

Yeah, that James Garner was a good looking guy.  [wink]

maverick-american-abc-tv-western-series-

And as you see, he got the girl.

Whitefang

1 minute ago, Whitefang said:

Yeah, that James Garner was a good looking guy.  [wink]

maverick-american-abc-tv-western-series-

And as you see, he got the girl.

Whitefang

The original Maverick. Yep she is easy on the eyes.

Had some store bought generic General Tso's that came frozen in a bag last night. I'm alright. Thanks for asking.

Anyway, three pouches. Pre battered pieces of white meat, white rice, and sauce. Bake chicken and boil rice, one atop the other or side by side, pour sauce. Only not enough sauce. Arg..... Scrounging about the pantry and fridge, the wifey came up with a little bottle of hot pepper infused honey. OMFG!!!!!!

I love the stuff. Was perfect. Can't wait to try it on a Szechuan dish or on fried chicken.

https://mikeshothoney.com/products/new-mikes-hot-honey-mini-jar-case-of-12

Get 'em at wallyworld for $2.99 each. Gonna get me a 12oz squeeze bottle for $9.47.

Only Q is, is it sause or naught?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CROWB8 said:

Had some store bought generic General Tso's that came frozen in a bag last night. I'm alright. Thanks for asking.

Anyway, three pouches. Pre battered pieces of white meat, white rice, and sauce. Bake chicken and boil rice, one atop the other or side by side, pour sauce. 

That’s how they do it at Chinese restaurants. 

Don't think I've been in a Chinese restaurant where I've seen them cook. Ever. Have been in back street market mom pop sis bro etc...eateries where they did make from scratch in the 70s. Dives are better that way. Find a good one anyways.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, merciful-evans said:

I'm going to try this in a couple of weeks time. It doesn't sound very appetising but there are some good endorsements. 

LN_023210_BP_11.jpg

So what is it? In the USA relish is usually put on hotdogs, and is chopped up dill or sweet pickles. I would not think chopped up pickles would be delicious on hot toast.

5 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

would not think chopped up pickles would be delicious on hot toast.

Maybe not by itself. But on a grilled cheese sammie with a thin slice of ham, dill pickle relish sends it to another level fer me.

15 minutes ago, CROWB8 said:

3 and a half. I refuse to grow older.

Just use ketchup. 

Here is what that stuff is. I want it no where near my hot toast:

Gentleman's Relish is essentially potted anchovies that are heavily spiced – it also goes by another name Patum Peperium which is Latin for 'pepper paste', and it should only be used “very sparingly”.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Just use ketchup. 

Here is what that stuff is. I want in no where near my hot toast:

Gentleman's Relish is essentially potted anchovies that are heavily spiced – it also goes by another name Patum Peperium which is Latin for 'pepper paste', and it should only be used “very sparingly”.

Just went to the site. Yea no. Not your every day relish as we yanks know it.

"Osborn’s original recipe was a mix of anchovy, butter and a secret blend of spices to give the relish its luxurious depth of flavour." 

• Like 1

On 7/28/2023 at 9:37 PM, jdgm said:

... I vaguely remember a thread - the grey poupon.......[laugh]......

Hi jdgm! How's it going?

Good old rct and his Grey Poupon! I always preferred 'Moutarde de Meaux, Pommery'  but, then again, it's Ron who quaffs Cristal by the (US) Gallon whilst I have to settle for La Grande Dame....

Hope you are all doing wonderfully well and a huge HELLO! from SE20.

Pippy. Pippy Pippy.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, pippy said:

Hi jdgm! How's it going?

Good old rct and his Grey Poupon! I always preferred 'Moutarde de Meaux, Pommery'  but, then again, it's Ron who quaffs Cristal by the (US) Gallon whilst I have to settle for La Grande Dame....

Pippy. Pippy Pippy.

Welcome back Pippy 🙂

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, pippy said:

Hi jdgm! How's it going?

Pippy. Pippy Pippy.

Yes, rct loves his Cristal. He must have Puff Daddy money.

Welcome back. 

I like just boring old Gulden's Spicy Mustard.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, pippy said:

Hi jdgm! How's it going?

Pippy. Pippy Pippy.

Hello back & welcome back Pippy.

What have you missed? hmmm... that's a tough one

Oh Yeah ! - Still haven't got a Leica

• Haha 1