Gibson Brands Forums

HP Sauce

sparquelito

1 minute ago, Whitefang said:

Ever try beet horseradish?  A bit milder than the traditional white.

ProductPage_BeetswHorseradish.png

And did you ever notice most people pronounce it "HORSH-RADISH"?     [wink]

Whitefang

Interesting. Don't care for beets. But this thread has introduced me to so many condiments I never knew existed.

Great thread for a foodie. Tnx @sparquelito for opening the door!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Those are good. Now I want some sushi too.

I found the best fish market in my area and started making my own sushi. Im still trying to get my rolls to come out nice and tight, that part is pretty tricky. The fish that I’m getting is so good, if I do the rice correctly the nigiri is sure to come out amazing every time

Figured out a really good way to make the rice in my instapot since I don’t have a rice cooker

now I’ve done spam musubi and onigiri in my conquests as well. Both perfect snacks to bring to work. 

I buy Coleman’s mustard too. Don’t really know anything about it but that one is tasty

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Whitefang said:

Ever try beet horseradish?  A bit milder than the traditional white.

ProductPage_BeetswHorseradish.png

And did you ever notice most people pronounce it "HORSH-RADISH"?     [wink]

Whitefang

Can’t stand beets either. And don’t even think about mentioning Brussel Sprouts.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I looked at the HP sauce in the supermarket yesterday;  the label has returned to showing Big Ben as normal and there are FIVE varieties of HP sauce.   HP brown, HP fruity, HP honey barbeque, HP classic barbeque and HP reduced salt and sugar.  😋

This thread has so much more to give!

I like horseradish sauce (in moderation - fresh is sharper than English mustard IMO) and I like beetroot and also Brussels sprouts.  As everything  makes me fart these days their legendary effect on digestion doesn't really matter....[laugh]

Edited by jdgm
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Can’t stand beets either. And don’t even think about mentioning Brussel Sprouts.

I love chilled pickled beets, on the side of a good salad.

And Brussels Sprouts are fantastic, if prepared properly.

Love them.
🙂

11 minutes ago, sparquelito said:

I love chilled pickled beets, on the side of a good salad.

And Brussels Sprouts are fantastic, if prepared properly.

Love them.
🙂

No no and no. Little bitter cabbages are not even fit for rabbits.

K. Y'all had me going. Blind in left eye and right one doesn't see too good up close. I finally expanded the page and saw "onigiri". Fricken rice balls! Not gonna tell ya what I thought it was 'cause it wasn't appatizing at all. Wasn't even food. But you we're putting sauce on it and eaing it.😆

Spam has had a great selection for a few years now. Not my dads spam anymore. Not a fan of their bbq tho.

Thin slice pepper spam, bread, and mayo in the AM aint bad.

Edit,

Suppose with a pickle, not too far away from what micky d sells.

Edited by CROWB8

51 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I was born in Jersey, but didn’t grow up there, but I grew up loving and eating this. Spam is good, this is 100x better. 

I can get it in a grocery store called Lowe’s in SC. I have a 1lb frozen one in the freezer.

https://a.co/d/4oqOvjw

$18.33 lb. ? I've made similar purchases before. Somethings are worth it, maybe it is, but, ouch!

Edit.

Kinda jumped the gun there. Taylor has their own site.

$28.75 for 3lbs.

https://www.thetaylorhamman.com/Taylor-Ham-Pork-Roll-_c_84.html

Prolly costs a purdy penny shipping to stay cold.

Edited by CROWB8

33 minutes ago, sparquelito said:

God, how I love fried spam with eggs and white sticky rice.

🙂

SpamSiLog.png

Yum! I had it cubed in grits last week and that was yummy. I love a Spam® sandwich too. Mustard and ketchup on the bread.

On 7/23/2023 at 9:55 AM, Whitefang said:

Especially when someone  misspells "Sauce".  🙄

Anyway.....  judging by the color(or "colour") of the HP sauce through the clear glass bottle, it looks to be more like Heinz 57 sauce.  Which I sometimes dip French fries into.  And  sometimes dash some malt vinegar onto them.  Or even Worcestershire sauce.  A1 sauce too.  Rarely ketchup.

Whitefang

Ketchup? Rarely. I like trying different BBQ sauces. AI? I do love it. Don't like Heinz 57 but Deb loves it.