Gibson Brands Forums

New Hummingbird!

Gasman

1 hour ago, Dave F said:

I've had a couple that were really nice, but they just didn't do anything for me. I may have to try one again.

Yes, try again - my 2012 un-torrified TV (some will remember it stands for True Vintage 😎) sounds better and better, , , with very old strings too. 

Early morning  ZozArr6.jpg Bird

• Like 2

11 hours ago, E-minor7 said:

Yes, try again - my 2012 un-torrified TV (some will remember it stands for True Vintage 😎) sounds better and better, , , with very old strings too. 

Yep.  I've got one of those.  The older the guitar gets - the better it sounds.  The older the strings get the better they sound !    Maybe I need to dig out a really old pick !

And - that NGD photo -  could be a covergirl, or a pin-up.    I've read in several places  -  many feel the H'Bird overall is the nicest looking acoustic on the planet !

Congrats !!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 8/5/2023 at 7:18 AM, Fullofgas said:

Congratulations and enjoy. One question on the pickguard. Is the image engraved and hand painted or just a screenprint over plastic? Either way it'll sound fabulous 

As far as I know - They are still hand painted.  But not positive...

17 minutes ago, Gasman said:

I saw a thing about them and I think they are hand etched and painted. Anyone that has one chime in and tell us if it fells like the PG has indentations in it.

On 8/5/2023 at 1:18 PM, Fullofgas said:

Congratulations and enjoy. One question on the pickguard. Is the image engraved and hand painted or just a screenprint over plastic? Either way it'll sound fabulous 

My take is that this version of the flora/fauna isn't engraved, but painted/sprayed on via some sort of template (screenprinted). 

Then again Gasman could correct me 'bout this anytime. . 

On 7/25/2023 at 1:26 PM, Gasman said:

LvmtSx2.jpg

Well about a week ago I purchased a New Gibson Faded Hummingbird.  First of all it is not Faded it

is a Satin finished guitar (Meaning less nitro Laquer) This guitar was on my bucket list.

I owned a Hummingbird Original within the last year - I had to sell it for Financial reasons - But I knew if I could buy another one same day I would.  The satin Finished Bird is close to identical to the Original I owned - just a lot less Gloss. To me - Something about The Square shoulder Gibson acoustic's are very magical to me.  I am a big Martin endorser but this Gibson gives me as much pleasure as my Rosewood Martin.  This is the best "singing with" guitar out there.  Believe me Gibson Acoustics are not inexpensive Guitars - But I think if you own one you will see their value is equal to cost. To me - They play easier than most guitar's I have owned - Even some Taylor's.  My First pro Gibson was a 94' Gibson Gospel that I loved but I was bit by the Martin bug. 

I owned a First Edition Sheryl Crow Gibson - which was Unbelievable. That was the one that got me back on the Bozeman wagon.  And my honest opinion  is the Acoustic's coming out of Bozeman Montana today are the finest Acoustics that Gibson has ever made.

Looks awesome!

On 8/9/2023 at 12:57 PM, E-minor7 said:

My take is that this version of the flora/fauna isn't engraved, but painted/sprayed on via some sort of template (screenprinted). 

Then again Gasman could correct me 'bout this anytime. . 

On 8/9/2023 at 2:27 AM, Gasman said:

On 8/9/2023 at 7:31 PM, Gasman said:

My 2022 Hummingbird does have Indents in the Pickguard😀

10 hours ago, E-minor7 said:

Good to hear - assume we talk about the guitar in post 1. The thread-star. 

Still I have a serious feeling the Faded guards differ from the TVs, Vintage and so called 1960 Birds. Take a look here and notice several variations. 

Historic 1960 Fixed Bridge

https://www.ginoguitars.com/en/gibson-custom-historic-1960-hummingbird-fixed-bridge-p-2304.html

and Faded

https://www.ginoguitars.com/en/gibson-hummingbird-faded-p-3765.html

On 8/16/2023 at 12:26 PM, E-minor7 said:

Still I have a serious feeling the Faded guards differ from the TVs, Vintage and so called 1960 Birds. Take a look here and notice several variations. 

Historic 1960 Fixed Bridge

https://www.ginoguitars.com/en/gibson-custom-historic-1960-hummingbird-fixed-bridge-p-2304.html

and Faded

https://www.ginoguitars.com/en/gibson-hummingbird-faded-p-3765.html

yes your probably right - The Hand etched ones are for the Higher cost Birds.

5 hours ago, Gasman said:

yes your probably right - The Hand etched ones are for the Higher cost Birds.

But do I understand that your's is etched as well ? - are there 2 types of groove-patterns ?

Not sure the hi-end-Birds have hand-etched guards - but hand painted, probably yes.