Gibson Brands Forums

Hardshell case with no neck rest

slash7

36 minutes ago, Pinch said:

I've always been curious how well hardshell cases protect guitars against low (and high, for you lucky enough not to live in s-hole Sweden) humidity.

Don't be taking all the credit for having humidity in your country. In SC during the summer its always in the upper 90's in the humidity % here.  and I live only 3/4 of a mile from the Atlantic Ocean. 

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Strong Heavy said:

My Les Paul is a Tribute (upraded) , it came with a Gibson gig bag, this Lifton '59 RI case is the same price than a Gibson case.

The padded gig bag is nice, isn't it? I had one and dropped it on its face with a guitar in it, and the guitar was fine. Maybe I was just lucky, but the softcase feels really sturdy.

• Like 1

On 10/28/2023 at 6:56 AM, 10PoundLester said:

Mine came with a brown version of this case. Very nice indeed.

My R9 came with a Costa Rica made Lifton style case and it’s the only thing I don’t like about the guitar. I wish they had an option to get a modern case instead.

The guitar was shipped to me in that case though and it didn’t break so seems like it’s good enough 

• Like 1