Gibson Brands Forums

Christmas….

Hype

5 hours ago, Larsongs said:

Santa is bringing me one of these…

I’ve got almost every Gibson & Epiphone I want.. There a couple more I’ll buy if they ever reissue them..

So this Christmas Santa is bringing me one of these…

Nice. I just picked up my Falcon a few weeks back….

2023 Gretsch G6136TG Players Edition Falcon (Midnight Sapphire)

7 hours ago, Hype said:

Nice. I just picked up my Falcon a few weeks back….

2023 Gretsch G6136TG Players Edition Falcon (Midnight Sapphire)

That is a beauty! Last year Santa brought me a Gretsch G-6136T-59GE Vintage Select White Falcon.. These Falcons are as good as it gets!

Congrats & Enjoy yours!

Edited by Larsongs

On 12/4/2023 at 9:47 PM, rct said:

After quite a few back and forth to try the MPC and the Roland I called an audible and Santa heard me.  This thing is dope.

hero.png

rct

Well, the TR-8S is certainly dope, but Santa heard me bizitching that it doesn't do what I need it to do as well as others do.

So he nicely took my return and brought me: akai-mpc-one-plus-standalone-production-

It is even doperer than the TR-8S and does what I need it to do.  Very nice!  I shoulda went with it first.

Still, no Gibsons.

rct

On 12/10/2023 at 12:03 AM, Hype said:

Whatever you guys have planned in 2024 will most likely be rehashing of models you haven’t made in a while, or new Artist Signatures. Definitely an Epiphone DG-335 & perhaps the Gibson version. You guys may start building the ES-175 or perhaps ES-330 again. More Epiphone USA Made Series. Perhaps building a Chet Atkins Gibson Country Gentleman? We know in September you’ll do another Joe Bonamassa Epiphone Signature or perhaps Gibson Signature of one of his guitars….Maybe the $50K mystery guitar that was supposed to be released in 2023 is pushed to 2024..

Or perhaps a functioning QC Department?

On 12/12/2023 at 8:56 PM, rct said:

Well, the TR-8S is certainly dope, but Santa heard me bizitching that it doesn't do what I need it to do as well as others do.

So he nicely took my return and brought me: akai-mpc-one-plus-standalone-production-

It is even doperer than the TR-8S and does what I need it to do.  Very nice!  I shoulda went with it first.

Still, no Gibsons.

rct

Not quite dope enough.  Sequencing is a way different work flow than I am used to, I don't want to play a computer.  Santa will take this back and I'll muddle on with my 20 year old drum machine until it dies and then I'll figure out something.  It was two good tries though.  Still, no Gibsons for me.

rct

4 hours ago, rct said:

Not quite dope enough.  Sequencing is a way different work flow than I am used to, I don't want to play a computer.  Santa will take this back and I'll muddle on with my 20 year old drum machine until it dies and then I'll figure out something.  It was two good tries though.  Still, no Gibsons for me.

rct

A few years ago I got a Roland TR-09 and BOSS DR-880. I still have to get a Roland 808 then think I’m done with drum machines. Last year I got a Beat Buddy Pedal and foot switch it’s still sitting in the bloody box, haven’t even played it yet….Sometimes you just buy a lot of stuffs and it just collects dust. Oh well.

Edited by Hype

8 hours ago, Hype said:

A few years ago I got a Roland TR-09 and BOSS DR-880. I still have to get a Roland 808 then think I’m done with drum machines. Last year I got a Beat Buddy Pedal and foot switch it’s still sitting in the bloody box, haven’t even played it yet….Sometimes you just buy a lot of stuffs and it just collects dust. Oh well.

Still using my DR-880, it's still going.

rct

On 12/10/2023 at 8:03 AM, Hype said:

Whatever you guys have planned in 2024 will most likely be rehashing of models you haven’t made in a while, or new Artist Signatures. Definitely an Epiphone DG-335 & perhaps the Gibson version. You guys may start building the ES-175 or perhaps ES-330 again. More Epiphone USA Made Series. Perhaps building a Chet Atkins Gibson Country Gentleman? We know in September you’ll do another Joe Bonamassa Epiphone Signature or perhaps Gibson Signature of one of his guitars….Maybe the $50K mystery guitar that was supposed to be released in 2023 is pushed to 2024..

My guess is a white Hetfield Explorer and a Slash Jessica is next. 

2 hours ago, 10PoundLester said:

The question then becomes, "What did he squander it all on?". Certainly nothing to do with improving the quality of their products.

From the little that was made public, Land Rovers every year for himself, his family, and the selves and families of an unknown number of executives.  College funds for his own kids and the kids of an unknown number of executives.  Travel.  House(s).  The usual Business as Personal Bank stuff that these people do.

And then had the audacity to DEMAND that the bondholders take over the company and THEN declare bankruptcy, another loser that would and will do anything to keep his own name clean while he was the only one to filthy that company up.  And the multi-million "consultancy" retainer he and an unknown number of executives had to receive for several years in order for him to declare the bankruptcy.

In short, what a doosch.

rct

31 minutes ago, rct said:

From the little that was made public, Land Rovers every year for himself, his family, and the selves and families of an unknown number of executives.  College funds for his own kids and the kids of an unknown number of executives.  Travel.  House(s).  The usual Business as Personal Bank stuff that these people do.

And then had the audacity to DEMAND that the bondholders take over the company and THEN declare bankruptcy, another loser that would and will do anything to keep his own name clean while he was the only one to filthy that company up.  And the multi-million "consultancy" retainer he and an unknown number of executives had to receive for several years in order for him to declare the bankruptcy.

In short, what a doosch.

rct

I assume you are talking about HJ?

Edited by 10PoundLester