Gibson Brands Forums

T'is the season...........

Buc McMaster

Better stay safe inside that groovy uke, Buc -                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            apart from that it would suit you well. . 

May Santa be the great decider. 

Edited by E-minor7

2 hours ago, Buc McMaster said:

........to consider a new guitar!  Well........maybe.  Stumbled upon this very rare breed:  a 1939 J-55.  In very good condition.  Impressive.  Comes with a current production Gibson brown case.  What'd ya think?  Santa in a good mood this year?

J55.jpg

Looks like the logos on backwards. 😁

Good to have you check in again, Buc- long time since you shared your tune Venus Interrupted. And as 40Yrs said, good to have you thinking along acoustic lines. Confession- I only searched the J-55's listing to get a look at those sweet amber tuners. Having a closer look at its repairs, though, caution would be a safe approach. The top refin notwithstanding, the heel looks to have evidence of a repair of a repair. 8/64 low E, 7/64 hi E being described as "low" ? With that saddle height/string break, it might be tricky to get it to where a uke and electric player might feel comfortable. Not wanting to rain on any parades- just don't want Santa to deliver coal to a fellow forumite's stocking.

Best wishes

and Merry Christmas

Edited by 62burst
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well......Santa sez I was a very good boy this year and that's why he won't be getting this guitar for me.  He says that neck heel work looks highly suspicious and there's no way  8/64" at the 12th is "low action".  He's right.  So there.  I'll settle for a new pair of slippers for Christmas.

(......and howdy, Sal.......hello to you as well!)

Edited by Buc McMaster
  • Like 1