Gibson Brands Forums

Only the best for the best! Amplifier?

enchong

Depends on how much power you're looking for, but you really can't beat Fender amps for clean tones. You could start by looking at both the 65 Deluxe Reverb as well as the 65 Twin Reverb. Of course, something along the lines of a Bassman or a Tweed Twin could do the job as well ... but if you are hell bent on it being very clean look at the 65 reissues mentioned above.

Relatively clean? I guess it deppends on the wattage you are looking for, butI would recommend either a VOX or a Fender tube amp.

The VOX handwired AC30 is a great amp, the fender twin is a very nice amp too and those Hot Rods are good also.

If you don't want a tube amp I would go with a Roland Jazz Chorus (JC-120) magnificent true stereo chorus and one of the best clean tones you can get.

AXE, you're right on the dot here!!! if I can only buy guitar proficiency I will!! hehehehe...I don't have the time to practice and look at what is good and not good so far as equipment etc is concerned so I really appreciate this forum as the knowledge and advise I get here saves me a lot of time and money. thanks for your comment

AXE' date=' you're right on the dot here!!! if I can only buy guitar proficiency I will!! hehehehe...[b']I don't have the time to practice [/b]and look at what is good and not good so far as equipment etc is concerned so I really appreciate this forum as the knowledge and advise I get here saves me a lot of time and money. thanks for your comment

What.... the.... funk???

I have to say +1 for the Fender 65 Twins. From what I hear they have a lot of headroom on them and will let you stay clean until quite a ways up on the volume control (which will be nice for you, since if I recall correctly you play in a band). I haven't played the Roland that TG mentioned, but if he says it's good it probably is.

AXE' date=' you're right on the dot here!!! if I can only buy guitar proficiency I will!! hehehehe...I don't have the time to practice and look at what is good and not good so far as equipment etc is concerned so I really appreciate this forum as the knowledge and advise I get here saves me a lot of time and money. thanks for your comment[/quote']

Having nice equipment does not equal proficiency in playing the guitar ... it's simply something you can not possibly purchase. You can have great gear, but if you suck, you suck. Practice is the only way to make yourself better. Period.

Hi' date='

I forgot to ask what is the BEST AMPLIFIER for Rhythm... relatively CLEAN sound.

Thanks[/quote']

As a rhythm guitarist you should definitely have at least one good Fender amp. A Deluxe Reverb or a Twin Reverb would definitely be so sweet, but I recommend the Custom Vibroverb with the 15" Eminence. It's a killer amp if you can find one.

Edit: http://www.humbuckermusic.com/fe64vicuam.html

Crossroadsync, you're right! and that really is frustrating.... i don't have the time to practice that's is why I suck! I even purchased a traveling guitar so I can practice on the plane or wherever I am but is not enough really. I envy those who have the time...but maybe in the future I will find the time and not really suck that much. I am lucky to be able to have good equipment...as they say in golf "if you cannot play display" hahaha..

Corrossion and Big Bends, I ordered the Fender Twin reverb already and hope to get it by next week. Thank you so much for your advise!!

Corrossion and Big Bends' date=' I ordered the Fender Twin reverb already and hope to get it by next week. Thank you so much for your advise!![/quote']

No disrespect, but buying an expensive amp that quickly because two people recommended it is plain old retarded. You have more money than brains. Fender Twins are nice but they're not the best. Nowhere near as nice sounding as a Marshall.

Corrossion and Big Bends' date=' I ordered the Fender Twin reverb already and hope to get it by next week. Thank you so much for your advise!![/quote']

That's one hell of an amp... Im sure you'll like it... be sure to post pics when he arives!=P~

No disrespect' date=' but buying an expensive amp that quickly because two people recommended it is plain old retarded. You have more money than brains. Fender Twins are nice but they're not the best. Nowhere near as nice sounding as a Marshall.[/quote']

[-(

...really... he said he didn't want crunch... he's after clean...

Either the twin reverb or the ac30 hand wired (or the cc2x) were the best options (without going boutique).

For crunch, marshall... or a nice orange, or a kickass soldano

Thundergod, thanks for the advise! A lot of my friends have suggested the twin reverb to me too and I just wanted to validate thru this forum. I was able to use it a couple of times as a friend owns one. I ordered it right away when I saw your post. I really needed a little push and that was it. Am quite excited to have it at home. Are Nine, "retarded" is my nickname! you can call me that anytime! I think though that I have more brains than money..if you're not that lucky, most of the time you need brains to make money hahahaha...

^ I like your style O:)

Personally, I think a Fender Twin is the wrong choice in this case. I haven't played every single type of Fender amp but from my experience with several of them, they break up at relatively low volumes. The clean channel on my Marshall stays clean no matter how loud I go with it. I understand I'm not comparing apples to apples and that the Marshall is a stack but you get the idea. My Blues Deluxe starts breaking up with the volume under 2.

If money is no object then there are better amps to be had than Fender.....and Marshall, for that matter. Carr Amps are flat out astounding for clean rhythm tones. The Rambler is a great combo, sure to be a future classic in the tube amp world. Victoria Amp Company also makes some dynamite combos in the mold of the old tweed Fenders. If you've got the cash you should do some homework..............

Archived