Gibson Brands Forums

What will be your next purchase?

dodgytoo

I gig bars, and have to drop a few grand a year (taxes), and I'm really thinking another ES-339, (red, damn you Bobv) or a '61 RI SG

IF............

They get the bevels/tapers worked out.

I like a double cut, so could also go for a 335.

I'll let you know by the end of the year.

Murph.

I dunno...

It'd be an archtop or not at all. But where I live the closest guitar store is maybe an hour and a quarter away and they don't have much Gibson stuff - or many (on some treks none) hollows regardless of brand. So... I sit as a vulture on a tree hoping to sniff some "steal" on something that feels good to my left hand.

I really don't know. I've got some computer hardware to buy this summer (nearly a complete overhaul, video, monitor, and memory, possibly a new mobo and cpu if I've got the extra money lying around), so the next guitar purchase is looking to be pretty far into the future, but if I had to say right now... hmmm, I'll probably try to find a white SG and make it a project guitar. Virtuoso polish job, redo any hardware preferences (thinking I want some '57 classics), and definitely pop a bigsby on it. And after that I'll probably replace my acoustic with a D-18.

I found an Epiphone Dot that a guy tried to turn into a counterfeit Gibson on Craigslist. The guy selling it is apparently not the one who did the work on the headstock, because he tells us right off it's an Epiphone.. But I'm tempted. I love 335's but can't afford them. Dots play well, but look goofy, with the big pickguard and headstock.

Counterfeited Dot looks good, plays well, sounds, good, and costs much less than the real thing. I'm tempted.

But I'll probably buy the Yamaha CP 300 that I found for $700 in stead.

LOL....Well, (if I live long enough to save enough money... ;>) ), a Gibson ES-345 and VOS '61 SG with Maestro, will be

the next "Gibson" purchases. They're kind of my "dream" guitars, to someday own. But, if it doesn't happen, that's ok...

I have more than I need, now. And, love 'em, all!

CB

Archived