Gibson Brands Forums

Slash feat. Brian Johnson - "Killing Floor"

Rabs

I think it is unlikely that we will see a signature slash ES-335. I imagine slash was using it for practicality purposes. In the studio before slash has actually used allot of differant models that aren't Les Pauls. I think its just hte fact Slash has used it for the semi-hollow body sound. 

I'm pretty sure Slash has had more signature models then any other artist and apart from his acoustic J-45s all the electrics have been Les Pauls and I dont think Gibson would make another signature that is not a Les Paul.

However there is a chance and Slash is releasing his new reissue of his "Jessica" soon so we do know that Gibson are still happy and succesful making his signature models. Watchout on Cesar instagram for any leaks.

19 minutes ago, Dexcb said:

I think it is unlikely that we will see a signature slash ES-335. I imagine slash was using it for practicality purposes. In the studio before slash has actually used allot of differant models that aren't Les Pauls. I think its just hte fact Slash has used it for the semi-hollow body sound. 

I'm pretty sure Slash has had more signature models then any other artist and apart from his acoustic J-45s all the electrics have been Les Pauls and I dont think Gibson would make another signature that is not a Les Paul.

However there is a chance and Slash is releasing his new reissue of his "Jessica" soon so we do know that Gibson are still happy and succesful making his signature models. Watchout on Cesar instagram for any leaks.

Well it has been done before....  

0WsQdPf.jpeg 

I5swBAi.jpeg 

lj05FDH.jpeg 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Rabs said:

0WsQdPf.jpeg 

I5swBAi.jpeg 

lj05FDH.jpeg 

Oh yes, that slipped my mind. Good point. These were all limited addition runs. So I guess we could see a slash signature limited run.

7 minutes ago, Rabs said:

|lj05FDH.jpeg 

Rock those skinny jeans Slash at 58 you’re killing it in them. Are we going to have to see that top hat till the end of time.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Rock those skinny jeans Slash at 58 you’re killing it in them. Are we going to have to see that top hat till the end of time.

Coolest looking guitarist of the 80s

4 minutes ago, Dexcb said:

Coolest looking guitarist of the 80s

Ok, I guess. I judge how someone plays by the hat and jeans they wear. Slash can play, but to me it’s boring.

Its now 2024.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Ok, I guess. I judge how someone plays by the hat and jeans they wear. Slash can play, but to me it’s boring.

Its now 2024.

In the the late 80s when everyone was trying to play like Eddie Van Halen or playing really fast it was Slash who brang back the classic rock bluesy sound. But I know what you mean and its cool to see him expand his ability in his new album.

41 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Ok, I guess. I judge how someone plays by the hat and jeans they wear. 

You'd rather see him in leisurewear or a natty sports jacket? [laugh] ...be like Lemmy wearing golfing attire [scared]

11 minutes ago, Dexcb said:

In the the late 80s when everyone was trying to play like Eddie Van Halen or playing really fast it was Slash who brang back the classic rock bluesy sound. 

Yeah, it was great then and probably  had an influence on  guitar playing style for the (awesome) early 90's too. [thumbup]

...and, whilst I never really liked his band's stuff, I'd say the same to some extent for Mick Mars - though he was somewhat invisible among his bandmates. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 'Scales said:

You'd rather see him in leisurewear or a natty sports jacket? [laugh] ...be like Lemmy wearing golfing attire [scared]

Yeah, it was great then and probably  had an influence on  guitar playing style for the (awesome) early 90's too. [thumbup]

...and, whilst I never really liked his band's stuff, I'd say the same to some extent for Mick Mars - though he was somewhat invisible among his bandmates. 

I have the doc about Lemmy. I don’t remember any golfing attire but I do remember him dressing up in the documentary and wearing some Nazi stuff.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

1 hour ago, 'Scales said:

I do agree that Mick Mars is underrated and not talked about enough. Whenever someone think famous 80 guitarists Mick does not come to mind, whenever people think of Motley Crue they think of Vince, Tommy and Niki but not Mick.

On 3/13/2024 at 5:40 PM, Rabs said:

Yeah. I donno.  Slash I would imagine just does what he wants and uses the guitars he wants. 

I was looking to see what sort of model 335 he was playing and it looked a lot like an original 1964 custom in which case he is paying tribute by using a period correct instrument on the track as it were.

Now, do I think that Gibson would see that as an opportunity.  Well yeah, I guess thats why I asked in the first place but it sorta seems inevitable.

Ha.. I was looking at the Gibson page and saw this guitar..  I reckon thats what he is playing. So I was sort of right I reckon, a replica 64 335 Custom

1964 ES-335 Reissue, Bigsby, Custom Made Plate, Murphy Lab Light Aged, Vintage Burst | Gibson

V7gfE39.png 

On 3/13/2024 at 7:08 PM, Sheepdog1969 said:

Seeing how Slash is the Gibson record label's initial premier artist since 2021, it shouldn't be surprising that he would be held to the same demanding contractual standards that the majority of other artists who are contracted with Gibson, or other record labels, are. Suffice it to say, if Slash had enough money to create his own label, or fund his own tour, he defiantly would have done so.  Yet, just like when he was with Geffen, he is now at Gibson's mercy. Sadly, I feel that his personal choices are contractually subservient to Gibson's rule, at least until his contract with them expirers. Boy, would I just despise being "forced" to play incredible Gibson guitars, and get paid to do so. Oh, the horror! 

Slash has enough money for that. 

Can't say I begrudge him. He ignited my interest in Les Pauls as a young'un, and I still hold what he did on UYI as some of the finest rock ever made, and yet he appears to be very humble. 

AND he's the only one who can get away with sunglasses indoors without looking like an idiot. 

• Haha 1

On 3/14/2024 at 5:44 PM, Dexcb said:

He is doing the record with Gibson records so he probally has access to any guitar he wants

He’s had access probably ever since he became their guitar ambassador.

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Rabs said:

Heres another one

It's played nice and masterfully, making full movement.
However, I think the second part is missing somehow in my understanding of this great song. Maybe it wouldn't fit in the overall scheme of the whole album, so they left it out.
(Oh well, slightly disappointed, just personal preferences)