Gibson Brands Forums

Joe B. says my Squire Strat defiantly rocks!

Ok, Joe Bonamassa didn't actually say MY newly purchased and hot rodded Fender Squire Stratocaster "rocks", but he did prove that a super low cost Fender Squire Strat (without mods run thru an inexpensive peddle set and amp) can sound amazing (in the right hands), even when compared to a top dollar Strat, peddle set, and amp. (Although I think you can hear him whispering about my amazing personal Squire, if you listen really close! lol)

https://www.guitarworld.com/news/joe-bonamassa-vintage-budget-hendrix-gear-shootout

2 hours ago, Murph said:

I once heard that more people have been killed with a .22 than any other caliber.

So, there's that.

Since a 5.56 is a .22, (ok, a .223 but who's counting) that may add credence to that claim, maybe.

If .22 LR is what they meant, I want to know how many .22 LR's, on average, were needed to result in death?

Digest this number for a minute. The most recent estimate found that approximately 251,000 lives are claimed each year because of medical error (provable medical malpractice)- about 9.5 percent of all deaths annually in the United States. This staggering number is higher than deaths caused by stroke, accidents or Alzheimer's. Worse yet, despite this lethal Physician negligence, Health care companies associated with these doctors of death had no issues with sending bills for medical services provided to the now deceased patients and/or their insurance providers. 

In comparison, in 2021, there were a total of 48,830 people killed by firearms in the US. This number includes justifiable defensive uses of firearms in defense of life or grievous bodily harm by both law enforcement and legal civilian gun owners, murders by prohibited persons illegally in possession of a firearm, accidents, and suicides. ( More people in the US die from suicide involving a firearm than homicides or accidents, per federal data.)

2 minutes ago, RBSinTo said:

Any guitar, regardless of quality will rock, if the musician playing it is talented enough. 

Any guitar???? That's a bit of a stretch.

What I do know is that I can make even the most expensive, most playable guitar, run through the best and most expensive peddles and amps sound exactly like the worst guitar you have ever played run through the worst peddles and the crappiest amp with a blown speaker. And that's when I'm really trying to play well. Think nails on a black board mixed with a "Baby Shark" extended cut.

The point of this thread was to inflate my ego by convincing anyone who would listen that my Cheap Squire Strat whim purchase was actually a carefully planned genius move. (oh crud, did I say the quiet part out loud again?) 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Sheepdog1969 said:

What I do know is that I can make even the most expensive, most playable guitar, run through the best and most expensive peddles and amps sound exactly like the worst guitar you have ever played run through the worst peddles and the crappiest amp with a blown speaker. And that's when I'm really trying to play well. Think nails on a black board mixed with a "Baby Shark" extended cut.

The point of this thread was to inflate my ego by convincing anyone who would listen that my Cheap Squire Strat whim purchase was actually a carefully planned genius move. (oh crud, did I say the quiet part out loud again?) 

Photos of the cheap Squier Strat please!!

😃

(Here is a photo of some 22 LR rounds I have in regular rotation on the land here.  Arranged from slowest to fastest in FPS.)

the-22-shelf-jpg.758795

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Sheepdog1969 said:

Did you not see the video of Zakk Wyld rocking Sabbath on I think a pink hello kitty acoustic? Any guitar.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

2 minutes ago, sparquelito said:

Photos of the cheap Squier Strat please!!

😃

(Here is a photo of some 22 LR rounds I have in regular rotation on the land here.  Arranged from slowest to fastest in FPS.)

the-22-shelf-jpg.758795

Sadly, A terrible boating accident in a very deep part of Lake Michigan claimed my very small firearms collection and all of my ammo! I was lucky to survive. 😉

tXeen7f.jpgpQflzPL.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Joe knows tone, but he bores me to tears with his white boy blues. It seems so plastic and fake. 

I tend to agree with you on this, although Joe is an incredible guitar player, he doesn't seem to have his own style, most great guitar players you can recognise who it is from one or maybe a couple of notes but with Joe it could be anyone.

I used to buy his album, and I went to see him once but I doubt I will do either again.

4 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Pink and black and it looks plastic, but could be wood?

My name is Lucifer 

Please Take my hand

Such a great riff whatever it's played on - one of the 1st things I learned.

9 minutes ago, IanHenry said:

I tend to agree with you on this, although Joe is an incredible guitar player, he doesn't seem to have his own style, most great guitar players you can recognise who it is from one or maybe a couple of notes but with Joe it could be anyone.

I used to buy his album, and I went to see him once but I doubt I will do either again.

I saw him open for BB King. Never heard of him back then. He was damn good, but he’s got no soul.

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Did you not see the video of Zakk Wyld rocking Sabbath on I think a pink hello kitty acoustic? Any guitar.

I just had a hilarious vision of some ZW young underling sitting on the floor of the toy isle in a walmart/target with a peterson clip on strobe tuner amidst a pile of open hello kitty boxes and guitars desperately tuning and playing open strings and then 12th frets, trying to find just one or two of them that exhibited moderate intonation, (presumably with the crappy strings they came with). Geez, the poor kid probably re-boxed 99.99% of them, and then when through the checkout line with the two or three (at most) that barely made the cut, (probably while wearing black leather and denim like his boss Zakk.) I can see this poor soul restringing these pink monsters with $12+ Ernie Ball acoustic Paradigm strings, praying Zakk would find at least one to his liking. The "Behind the Music" episode of this misadventure would be more interesting than the clip of Zakk playing one. (not that Zakk didn't make that POS sound great.) 

Now I'm wondering how much a Hello Kitty guitar costs and how I can hotrod it! I think just found my next project. I can't wait to see the reactions to my NGD post, lol. 

Edited by Sheepdog1969
  • Like 1

Got these in the mail just now. My Squire is one step closer to turning me into a white Jimmy Hendricks, (wait, does that mean I'll become a version of Joe Bonamassa without the cool guitar collection or talent?)

j6An3dN.jpg6yo84Re.jpg

I think I was the second guy to watch this video the day Reverb posted it.

Nothing like good ol' Hendrix tone to set the mood.

A vibe pedal, some fuzz face, an octave pedal, and a wah wah.

Look out now!!!

And yes, JB did say that.

• Like 1