Gibson Brands Forums

Posting Photos

So I have an IMGUR account.

I used to know how to do this quite well.

Now, not so good. 

How do I post photos here.  I'm lost.  And before you refer me to the sticky on the first page, I've already been there.  Results, no bueno.

Help me out please.

1. Upload the pics you want to post here to IMGUR (upload is an option in the "New Post" pull down)

2. Single "click" on the image you want to post here from your image files in IMGUR

3. "Click" the blue "Copy" button to the right of the "Direct Link" option .

4. Go to the Gibson Forum and simply "Right Click" and select "Paste" when your curser is where (in a post) that you want your image to go. The picture should appear a few seconds after you see the direct image link address you just pasted into the post. A message will pop up at the bottom of your post asking if you want to keep the image visible, or if you wanted to just show the link instead. If you want the image, click "x" on the pop up, or simply read the pop up message and respond appropriately.   

Edited by Sheepdog1969

• 5 months later...

I was out for a cardio bicycle ride earlier, and ran into a wonderful young gal who was walking her younger version of Simon. 

Handsome young black & white boy he was, a year old or so, and the spitting image of Simon when he was the same age. 

It was uncanny!!

🙂

On 3/26/2024 at 5:51 PM, Californiaman said:

So I have an IMGUR account.

I used to know how to do this quite well.

Now, not so good. 

How do I post photos here.  I'm lost.  And before you refer me to the sticky on the first page, I've already been there.  Results, no bueno.

Help me out please.

I have to relearn how to post photos from Imgur each time I use it!

Imgur hasn’t worked for me for several months. I can’t find the pics I had uploaded (thankfully there were only a few dozen). I think they no longer serve as photo storage, but just uploading stuff a la instagram et al. If I’m wrong, I will gladly eat crow. I’ve been using a different hosting service for a month or so. I can’t remember the name of it, it’s saved on my computer and I’m on my phone. Seems like it was easy to use but the last time I was on it, I couldn’t find the pics I had uploaded. They were there a few days ago….

If you have the photos on your desktop (or phone), you can just drag them straight into the message box as you're prepping your post and they'll post here just fine, with no photo hosting app needed. 

Here's a picture of my dog, Brandi. 

image.thumb.jpeg.d9a4666d26ea8f8831d9af822b071770.jpeg

After my experiences with Photobucket, I gave up on photo-hosting sites entirely. 

16 hours ago, Phil OKeefe said:

If you have the photos on your desktop (or phone), you can just drag them straight into the message box as you're prepping your post and they'll post here just fine, with no photo hosting app needed. 

After my experiences with Photobucket, I gave up on photo-hosting sites entirely. 

Oh, man I love the brindles! What a beautiful dog. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Phil OKeefe said:

I still get the message -  your file exceeded 47kb.   Have never been able to post photos, and like you, am adverse to using photo hosting sites.   So, I'm stuck using 1,000 words !  

17 hours ago, duane v said:

Me and my little pal watching the Rams together 

IMG_3997.jpeg

You got in full uniform to watch a game? I usually just wear one of my t-shirts from my team (The Raiders). Who by the way will be having another horrificly awful season.

If you have an Imgur account do this. Once you upload you photo, copy the link on the right that says “direct link”. Then paste it, and your pic will appear through the magic of the internet.

OUpm03p.jpg

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

when I started watching football the Rams had already moved to St Louis, but we’ve always been a Rams and Raiders family. 

My buddy helped build the Rams stadium and that was epic. They had this crane there, I don’t remember if it’s the actual biggest one in the world, but it was so freakin big I’ve never seen anything like it. This season I’d like to actually go see a game there 

• Like 1

I always wear a full uniform when the Rams play. 
A pic of me and my dad when they announced the Rams were re-locating back to LA. I put on my uni, picked up my dad and we drove to Hollywood Park to celebrate with the other Rams faithful 

IMG_6025.jpeg

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, duane v said:

I always wear a full uniform when the Rams play. 
A pic of me and my dad when they announced the Rams were re-locating back to LA. I put on my uni, picked up my dad and we drove to Hollywood Park to celebrate with the other Rams faithful 

IMG_6025.jpeg

You go the extra mile. I’ve seen Kiss 4x, but never felt the need to dress up like Ace, that’s their shtick.

2 hours ago, Dub-T-123 said:

when I started watching football the Rams had already moved to St Louis, but we’ve always been a Rams and Raiders family. 

My buddy helped build the Rams stadium and that was epic. They had this crane there, I don’t remember if it’s the actual biggest one in the world, but it was so freakin big I’ve never seen anything like it. This season I’d like to actually go see a game there 

I have no issue where a team wants to be, just don’t make taxpayers foot the bill for the move and the stadium. The richer than god old money owner should. 

18 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

You go the extra mile. I’ve seen Kiss 4x, but never felt the need to dress up like Ace, that’s their shtick.

I've seen VH, Taylor Swift, Prince.... ect.... ect... and never dressed up like them.

Im a Rams, Lakers, Kings, Dodgers and Gibson Fan  Boy. If I ever find a Gibson Les Paul costume, you can be damn sure I would wear it.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, duane v said:

I've seen VH, Taylor Swift, Prince.... ect.... ect... and never dressed up like them.

Im a Rams, Lakers, Kings, Dodgers and Gibson Fan  Boy. If I ever find a Gibson Les Paul costume, you can be damn sure I would wear it.

No one needs to see you dressed up like a 30 something Pop Tart in a bodysuit.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper