Gibson Brands Forums

Cracked Nuts on Gibson Les Paul Classics

27 minutes ago, RBSinTo said:

Chris,

Watching playoff hockey is exciting, but living in Toronto, we don't see our guys playing much of it.

Being a Red Wing fan, you at least have a reasonable chance to see meaningful playoff games in the not too distant future. 

Here in Toronto,  with our abysmally terrible corporate ownership, we doubt if we ever will again.

RBSinTo

I remember Doug Gilmore, Wendell Clark, and Felix the cat Potvin used to give us headaches back in the day. But like I said, back in the day. Hopefully it turns around for you. Cheers!

And back to cracked nuts haha!

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, NighthawkChris said:

I remember Doug Gilmore, Wendell Clark, and Felix the cat Potvin used to give us headaches back in the day. But like I said, back in the day. Hopefully it turns around for you. Cheers!

And back to cracked nuts haha!

Chris,

And speaking of cracked nuts, (good segue there don't you think?), my goalie jocks have kept me from suffering them.

A little dented now and again from slapshots, but never cracked.

RBSinTo

Edited by RBSinTo

Posted (edited)

A Gibson Carol

Cracked nuts found upon my Gibson Guitars

So my LP's are just resting in repose

Yuletide carols being played without the star

and folks like us know that really blows.

Everybody knows that real bone is the way to go

to help your axe sound nice and bright

tiny cracks that appear to grow

will mean no sleep for me again tonight

I know the replacement is on it's way

they've sent my package out to me today

but guys like me will be forced to spy

to see if FedEx tonight will really fly.

I'll stop now, before I really embarrass myself

Edited by Sheepdog1969
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Pinch said:

Billions of dollars and he's too cheap to buy a proper wig.

He spray paints green Brillo pads and puts them on his swelled head. He’s about the worst bass player alive. 

Echo Chamber Effect:

OP  alleges he has a cracked nut.  Experience, knowledgeable people here, where he came for input suggest it us usually just a streak in the lacquer and ask for a photo. But, nothing heard back after his first, one and only post 3 days ago. 

In the meantime, other forum members take the ball and run with it and post the allegation of cracked nut QC problems in Bozeman on other threads as if it were confirmed.    

Social Media-itis. 

17 minutes ago, fortyearspickn said:

Echo Chamber Effect:

OP  alleges he has a cracked nut.  Experience, knowledgeable people here, where he came for input suggest it us usually just a streak in the lacquer and ask for a photo. But, nothing heard back after his first, one and only post 3 days ago. 

In the meantime, other forum members take the ball and run with it and post the allegation of cracked nut QC problems in Bozeman on other threads as if it were confirmed.    

Social Media-itis. 

No kidding... lol 

I'm hardly the pillar of maturity but some of the responses are at the 7th-8th grade level. 

The OP probably just said F-it when the responses migrated towards human anatomy. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, duane v said:

No kidding... lol 

I'm hardly the pillar of maturity but some of the responses are at the 7th-8th grade level. 

The OP probably just said F-it when the responses migrated towards human anatomy. 

Hasn't anyone told you; "Life is like High School, only on a grander level."

Posted (edited)

People are on here all the time saying their nut has cracks on either edge of the nut when it's the line where the edge of the lacquer is.  The edge of the lacquer almost always slants across both edges of the nut.  The top of the nut has no lacquer on it and the edge of the nut has lacquer partway up it.  So there's an edge of the lacquer there.  The line almost always runs from where the nut meets the top of the fretboard to the top back of the nut.  The line is always there if the finish comes out right.

Edited by badbluesplayer
  • Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, badbluesplayer said:

People are on here all the time saying their nut has cracks on either edge of the nut when it's the line where the edge of the lacquer is.  The edge of the lacquer almost always slants across both edges of the nut.  The top of the nut has no lacquer on it and the edge of the nut has lacquer partway up it.  So there's an edge of the lacquer there.  The line almost always runs from where the nut meets the top of the fretboard to the top back of the nut.  The line is always there if the finish comes out right.

Yep.   Maybe OP didn't come back for that reason. Embarrassed.