• Last Reply

they should make everything legal...

pot

coke

booze for underage people

underage sex

cursing the peasants

peeing on peoples legs

none of those things would make matter worst than alcohol and cigarretes anyway so why bother eh?

Three quick thoughts here.

Here's what could happen if marijuana is legalized and taxed in the United States, well... lets just say California.

1. Legalization means I get to grow it. I grow it for personal consumption. No Tax

2. Legalization for sale at tobacco or head shops can be taxed. However, with more and more showing up on the market, prices go down (prices like we had during the '70s) i.e. less taxes.

3. Legalization results in greater accessibility to children, especially those who come from a family with a history of drug and alcohol problems (we see a lot of that already in the schools). Result is lower grades, higher drop out rate, because kids aren't interested in school.

No vote.

Other: Legalize it, grade it and tax it. Treat it just like alcohol - no driving under the influence. Make some money through taxes, put the dealers out of business and let people who like it enjoy it responsibly.

Three quick thoughts here.

Here's what could happen if marijuana is legalized and taxed in the United States' date=' well... lets just say California.

1. Legalization means I get to grow it. I grow it for personal consumption. No Tax

2. Legalization for sale at tobacco or head shops can be taxed. However, with more and more showing up on the market, prices go down (prices like we had during the '70s) i.e. less taxes.

3. Legalization results in greater accessibility to children, especially those who come from a family with a history of drug and alcohol problems (we see a lot of that already in the schools). Result is lower grades, higher drop out rate, because kids aren't interested in school.[/quote']

No responsible person has ever or would ever suggest that legalization would include minors as well as adults. That's merely one of the arguments used by the anti-pot folks to scare you. Is it legal for minors to purchase and use alcohol or tobacco? The other thing is, those kids that want it know where to get it already.

As for the influence on price, it might surprise you to know that even the DEA has posted on their website the fact that none of their own predictions of the results of legalization of marijuana have proven to be correct. I'll have to find that one for myself as I was only recently told about it.

3. Legalization results in greater accessibility to children' date=' especially those who come from a family with a history of drug and alcohol problems (we see a lot of that already in the schools). Result is lower grades, higher drop out rate, because kids aren't interested in school.[/quote']

Do you mean any more than is the case already with marijuana being illegal?

How about the Gov't just stay out of our business? Weed is a weed, get it? I don't want the government to tax it, regulate it or sell it.

Alcohol kills, tobacco kills, pot doesn't. So, why are the first two legal but the third is illegal? If people want to grow pot for personal use, or trade in small amounts of it, that should be legal.

Isn't pot "carbon neutral"...while it's growing it absorbs CO2...

How about the Gov't just stay out of our business? Weed is a weed' date=' get it? I don't want the government to tax it, regulate it or sell it.

Alcohol kills, tobacco kills, pot doesn't. So, why are the first two legal but the third is illegal? If people want to grow pot for personal use, or trade in small amounts of it, that should be legal.

Isn't pot "carbon neutral"...while it's growing it absorbs CO2...[/quote']

While I totally agree with your comments KSG,

I would like to point out that there has been a weed death.

The weed was contaminated with silica!

Unfortunatly because of the number of big uk factory busts some growers are upping the weights of the weed by spraying it with

Sand, Silica and other unknown cr*p.

read here if you are interested.

I dont think this is common enough knowledge.

http://www.gritweed.co.uk/

P.s Weed loves CO2 while growing and yes I believe it is carbon neutral.

Another bit of me ranting about legalization.

It Should be legalised as it is a plant that you do not have to prepare in any way to use it.

It was put on this earth for us to use naturally for medicinal purposes by GOD!

A) You can cook with and eat it.

:-k you can make a cuppa with it.

all other drugs take preperation and or refinement to get them to a useable state therefore weren't meant to be used recreationaly or medicinaly by GOD.

Alchohol has man made chemicals!

(drink a budweiser and get a headache from the chemicals! or drink a stella and go beat on the mrs 'yeah great',

i'd rather have a cake thanks!

Tobbaco has man made chemicals! and we know how addictive that is dont we people!

If truth be known the only bit about smoking a joint that is addictive is the adding of tobbaco to make it burn evenly.

It's the damn tobbaco that's addictive not the Mary J.

P.s Weed loves CO2 while growing and yes I believe it is carbon neutral.

I'm not sure the CO2 factor should have much to do with it. Since when It burns it releases all that stored CO2.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

"Legalize it - don't criticize it

Legalize it and i will advertise it

Some call it tampee

Some call it the weed

Some call it Marijuana

Some of them call it Ganja

Legalize it - don't criticize it

Singer smoke it

And players of instruments too

Legalize it, yeah, yeah

That's the best thing you can do

Doctors smoke it

Nurses smoke it

Judges smoke it

Even the lawyers too

It's good for the flu

It's good for asthma

Good for tuberculosis

Even umara composis

Bird eat it

And they leave it

Fowls eat it

Goats love to play with it"

Legalize It-Peter Tosh

That's my answer to your question :-k

I'm not sure the CO2 factor should have much to do with it. Since when It burns it releases all that stored CO2.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

If you burn it,

yes you would be breathing out CO2 anyway as you would with any cigarette.

If you ate it or drank it the CO2 wouldn't be an issue.

Im no expert mind you. :P)

I know if you blast a CO2 fire extinguisher in a grow room every night you get nice juicy buds!!!!!

this fella once told me, errr :-k

Lol ;o)

No way in hell.

What you do recreationally is your business, I don't care.

But to legitimize it with legalization is stupid - you cannot post a lucid argument otherwise.

I never smoked pot, but dabbled in a few other things before realizing alcohol alone could get me in plenty of trouble.

Older brother and sisters all smoked it, most of my friends did too.

Being around musicians, it sort of goes with the territory, eh?

Funny thing was, everybody assumed I did because of the association.

When they would ask me if I had any, my reply became "What, do I look like a fxcking pot head?"

I'm fine with it being illegal, though some of the enforcement is silly to say the least.

As far as working with me goes, you better have your head out of your *** on the job.

I've cornered a few guys over the years who were toking at lunch and then coming back to my site...

All the years I was single, I wouldn't date women who smoked either.

Every one I met who did was irresponsible as hell in every other aspect of their life - pot a good consistent indicator.

All you in favor of legalization, tell us what your yearly earnings are.

Surely somebody out there can buck the pot head stereotype.....

:-)

Potheads just want it legal, because they think it will be cheaper.

That's why they call it "dope".

If it's legal, and taxed, and regulated it'll be more expensive.

Duh.

They're potheads. It's how their brain works.

All you in favor of legalization' date=' tell us what your yearly earnings are.

Surely somebody out there can buck the pot head stereotype.....

:-)

[/quote']

The stereotype has been bucked over and over, Neo, you just choose not to see it. I won't tell you what I earn or what my net worth is but I'll tell you I'm fairly...absolutely certain it works out to a helluva lot more than the average professional or tradesman when I figure actual hours worked.

Lessee, we own our home and a few pieces of income property. We're invested in several local businesses. We've put 2 of our 4 children through college and have accounts for each of our 10 grands. We endow music scholarships at the local high school and Southern Oregon University at Ashland. We don't have any debt and we don't expect to ever need SS. I work because I enjoy it and because I'd get bored to tears if all I did was sit around trying to act like I was having fun.

These generalizations folks like to make when they express their opinion about something just sorta lets the air out of their opinion. I respect your not wanting legal pot. But you're frankly fulla crap when you try to pigeon-hole "pot-heads" as if they're all alike. Just say "I don't like it" and be happy, mon, you don't hafta tell a buncha hooey. I've known too many pot smokers to think they're all as you portray them.

Now, how about all you anal-retentive neo-victorian lock-steppers, howz about you posting your net worth. :-

Neo - I rent cabins to extremely wealthy people who want to vacation in the mountains. I've found evidence after the richest of them.

Murph - Right now an Ounce of Medical Grade Marijuana sells for more than an ounce of Gold. There's no way a Plant will continue to fetch that kind of premium when it's not black market.

edit - And Pot Heads want it legal so they won't be criminals anymore.

Murph - Right now an Ounce of Medical Grade Marijuana sells for more than an ounce of Gold. There's no way a Plant will continue to fetch that kind of premium when it's not black market.

Wow. When I quit smoking pot 10 years ago it was cheaper than Gold.

How STUPID do you have to be, to burn up money so fast?

I'm thinking............

SUPER STUPID........

Murph.

The stereotype has been bucked over and over' date=' Neo, you just choose not to see it. [/quote']

Okay,

Here's one.

Wanna keep counting?

I would also venture a guess that the cabin occupants FM speaks of (if so well-heeled) would not be in favor of legalization.

Many of them might see the cons clearly enough to leave the laws as they are.

A friend of mine fits that, he has a nice place with a home studio and plays gigs often.

He's retired and has no money issues, also seen two of his kids go thru rehab.

I'll cast a vote for him to cancel this one.

Sorry, but you are wasting your time thinking a forum post will erase 40 years of experience.

You do it your way, keep it quiet and stay out of jail - I don't care.

Bring that sh!t to my house and you'll leave handcuffed to an ambulance gurney.

Ask our oldest son.

Neo - I rent cabins to extremely wealthy people who want to vacation in the mountains. I've found evidence after the richest of them.

edit - And Pot Heads want it legal so they won't be criminals anymore.

Uh would that be Colombian, or Acapulco Gold?

Archived