Gibson Brands Forums

Coffee ???

AXE®

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some folks suggest my coffee is built a bit on the strong side.

Dunno why.

Maybe it's because they wanna use a spoon 'stedda the knife and fork I hand them with a cup.

And I don't care to drink too much, either. Four or five 12-cup pots are plenty in one day.

I don't care for French Roast. But I like to switch around other roasts, etc. Also I like it finely ground, then put into the filter of the Bunn professional at home or little cheapie drip maker in the office.

In the old days I'd have a coffee can (when they were made of metal) on a coathanger bail. Bring the water to a boil over a campfire, then drop in six or eight handfulls of coffee. Bring it back to a boil again, then back off to a basic bubblin' for just a little while until it pretty much looks like coffee.

Then take out your handgun and drop it in. If it sinks, add more coffee.

"Cowboy" coffee's a little on the weak side in comparison to six-shooter coffee. <grin>

Okay, that part's a slight exaggeration. Still... it's close. But... we'd swing the can over our heads like a centrifuge to settle the grounds.

Mmmmmmmmm. Ah, for the olden days.

Pumpkin, the only time I've allowed sweetener was in Brazil.

But here's one to try - a cupla tablespoons of instant coffee and half the normal chocolate in a milk shake or malted milk. Mmmmmmmm.

In the old days I'd have a coffee can (when they were made of metal) on a coathanger bail. Bring the water to a boil over a campfire' date=' then drop in six or eight handfulls of coffee. Bring it back to a boil again, then back off to a basic bubblin' for just a little while until it pretty much looks like coffee.

Then take out your handgun and drop it in. If it sinks, add more coffee.

[/quote']

Now this guy knows how to make a decent cuppa!! :-

My hat is withdrawn from my head and I bow before thee. Sir

See ya in the morning for a coffee? lol :o)

i AM a GIRL!

not only is it cream... its FLAVERED cream... Cococnut Creme is what im having right now.

how many guys will fess up to liking flavored creamer?

Eye make my own vanilla syrup for lattes and straight sugar syrup for espresso. Eye don't buy flavored cream and there aint nothing fu fu about it. :- Eye treat my coffee like some treat wine.

I drink entirely too much. My favorite these days is the 8 O'clock Italian roast. It's cheap enough for me to swill it like Starbuck, and the beans are black and oily, just the way I like them. I also get a lot for personal use from Alakef in Duluth, MN. If you have a business account, you can get their bulk bags fairly cheap. I got 5 pounds of Tanzanian Peaberry (the best coffee bean, in my opinion) for $30.

I hate starbucks...it's bitter. There I said it! I like Folgers' date=' Maxwell House and Community...Am I ok?[/quote']

Are you OK? I don't think we can anwer that one here.

I'm with ya though - Starbucks is way too bitter. Their beans are actually ok, but they just don't know how to make a good cup at their stores.

I'm a Kona bean fan myself, but I can only afford Kona coffee once a year.

Oh' date=' you poor man. Howz'bout bacon? If bacon doesn't get you going just by the aroma, there might be something wrong with your wiring. [/quote']

LOL

I don't mind the smell of bacon but I haven't eaten any fish or meet since I was 5...so 28 years!

Matt

I hate starbucks...it's bitter. There I said it! I like Folgers' date=' Maxwell House and Community...Am I ok?[/quote']

Eye hate there regular brew coffee's. Eye'm ok with there espresso cuz it's there and sometimes Eye need it. But Eye prefer smaller coffee shops they usually care about what they serve.

I despise the smell and taste of coffee. I am not kidding I hold my breath when I walk past coffee shops...YUK

Matt

I'm with you man. Disgusting. All I need to wake-up is look at my Gibson.

28 years without meat though....not even fish?

After 20 years I have kicked the coffee monkey right off my back.

It's been since February 11th that I have had any coffee.

And I did vote Yes' date=' because I love coffee. My kidneys however do not.

[/quote']

cali please tell us what are ye drinking now instead of the evil coffee bean juice

I Love Coffee!!

I get Jose's Colombian and French Roast Whole Bean Coffee from Costco so I have plenty of it. Then I mix it about 75% Colombian to 25% French Roast, and prepare it in a French Press. Sediment and All.

Here's one of my Favorite Coffee Cups.

2638793970100337768S425x425Q85.jpg

That's right. The flavor is so smooth with a french press. They say let it brew 4 min before pressing' date=' but I give it about 6 or 7.[/quote']

What kind of grinder do you use blade or burr ? You can get a nice even large grind for the press with a burr grinder. As Eye use it for a fine almost powder for my espresso machine.

What kind of grinder do you use blade or burr ? You can get a nice even large grind for the press with a burr grinder. As Eye use it for a fine almost powder for my espresso machine.

I just have a blade. And I know there must be a better way. A burr, huh? I'll check one about, while listening to USA Union. Thanks for all the great advice today, Mick! :-)

Archived