Gibson Brands Forums

Why the Firestorm Against Carrie Prejean

Californiaman

I don't get it with the liberal media.

Someone please clarify this for me.

Prejean said, "...that marriage is between a man and a woman."

Why the uproar over a beauty pageant contestant?

Where was the uproar from the liberal media when Obama made similar remarks?

Obama Quotes in 2007

“I’m a Christian. And so, although I try not to have my religious beliefs dominate or determine my political views on this issue, I do believe that tradition, and my religious beliefs say that marriage is something sanctified between a man and a woman,” he said.

From the 2008 campaign

Or you can look at his comments made during the 2008 presidential campaign when asked by Saddleback church Pastor Rick Warren to define marriage.

“I believe that marriage is the union between a man and a woman,” the future President said. “For me as a Christian, it is a sacred union. You know, God is in the mix.”

“I am not someone who supports same-sex marriage but I do believe in civil unions,” he later added.

He's not the only politician to echo these sentymites.

According to the Pew Forum On Religion & Public Life: Religion & Politics Senator Hillary Clinton is against same sex marriages but she favors civil unions where the same sex couples have the same rights legally and privilege-wise as heterosexual married couples. She's against the constitutional amendment banning same sex marriage. As for The Defense of Marriage Act, she wants the section repealed in the part where same sex marriage can't be recognized at the federal level.

John McCain, Chuck Schumer and countless other politicians throughout this country are against it.

So why the furry over a beauty pageant contestant's remarks?

Because she's an easy target. It's something the left leaning media, especially NBC, can use to further their agenda to bring about an amoral, anything goes lifestyle, hiding behind the curtain of "equal rights," and "civil liberties."

Stand up for what you believe in or you'll fall for anything.

I'm proud of you Carrie. Stand tall woman.

She believe in christian values yet she poses nude for some pictures.

We all fall short from the glory of god.

But if you are christian and yet you dont live the christian lifestyle, what use does being a christian have?

But if you are christian and yet you dont live the christian lifestyle' date=' what use does being a christian have?[/quote']

Yes, but I did things before being saved that were not considered to be the christian lifestyle. But she said she was raised christian, well she inferred it. We all make mistakes, We are supposed to be like Christ, but we cant do it.

I really don't much give a hoot what any bimbo has to say on that issue, and don't really care what any politician says in public.

Marriage is just one more power trip that the religious zealots can't stand to lose control over, and politicians are NEVER going to speak from their heart.

But if you are christian and yet you dont live the christian lifestyle' date=' what use does being a christian have?[/quote']

Puuuuuuuuuuuulease! Did you actually think about that while you were typing.

Being a christian is not about being good, it's an insurance policy, so that you can screw up all you want and still get into "heaven".

Get real kid. They're filling your head with bunk. Don't swallow what they're shoving down your throat.

Being a christian is not about being good' date=' it's an insurance policy, so that you can screw up all you want and still get into "heaven".

Get real kid. They're filling your head with bunk. Don't swallow what they're shoving down your throat.[/quote']

Well some of us try to live that life. Its a combination of faith and works. Ive been raised to believe that if you live in habitual sin you haven't truly repented the life of the sinner and will not enter the kingdom.

But hey, no one knows for sure...

She sure is pretty. Clear something up for me?

Who the hell is Perez Hilton and why was he selected as a judge?

Donald Trump was 100% going to let the girl keep the title.

Perez better get someone to start his car for him for awhile.

The Donald doesn't like to be trumped!

Being a christian is not about being good' date=' it's an insurance policy, so that you can screw up all you want and still get into "heaven". Get real kid. They're filling your head with bunk. Don't swallow what they're shoving down your throat.[/quote']

[-X

someone has been drinking out of the toilet again........

I don't care if she was topless. IN fact I wish more beautiful women were topless. The reason she is being abused by the media is the fact that she is a liar and hypocrite. She falls far from the standards normally accepted by a beauty queen. Of coarse the Trump wont remove her title. He knows it's it a gravy train and he'll ride it all the way to the bank. I think she's hot, but then I think Shara Palin's hot too. They're both hypocrites. You all need to pick your hero's better.

I'm from California, and She's Miss California, so I can understand our strange fascination with the political views of a Barbie Doll, but why is the country so danged hung up on Miss Second Place. Anyone know the name of the lady who is Won the Miss America Pageant, or what she's been doing?

I don't get it with the liberal media.

You had me with the subject of your thread until I read the first sentence which is where I stopped reading.

I think the question you should be asking is, "Why do I and so many others give a crap about what some beauty pageant contestant thinks?"

As a "liberal" I too find this whole episode mystifying. The girl stated her beliefs and belives she got shafted because of them. She has the right to have her own opinion and to not be dragged through the muck by hypocrites or others who have faults. We all have faults. In fact I would be deeply suspisious of someone who was able to come through media scrutiny with an absolutely perfect, no blemishes, record/personality.

besides which - this is being taken waaayyyyy too seriously. It is a beauty pagent for Pete's sake. Lighten up !!!!

I don't care if she was topless. IN fact I wish more beautiful women were topless. The reason she is being abused by the media is the fact that she is a liar and hypocrite. She falls far from the standards normally accepted by a beauty queen. Of coarse the Trump wont remove her title. He knows it's it a gravy train and he'll ride it all the way to the bank. I think she's hot' date=' but then I think Shara Palin's hot too. They're both hypocrites. You all need to pick your hero's better.

[/quote']

Please explain why they are liars and hypocrites.

Cmon you guys know the Donald. He's all about the sale and any publicity is good publicity. No one would have giving it a second thought until every entertainment news/ morning talk show/ pukefest played the idiot judges comments. I mean all this for a chick that didn't even win. Meanwhile our President plays the shell game and we can't find the one our money is under and most of America doesn't seem to care. Townsend was a profit. Meet the new boss/same as the old boss.

Being a christian is not about being good' date=' it's an insurance policy, so that you can screw up all you want and still get into "heaven".

Get real kid. They're filling your head with bunk. Don't swallow what they're shoving down your throat.[/quote']

werent you railing against these types of threads/posts just about a day ago?

This girl is just a sore loser. She thinks it's some conspiracy that she didn't win? So f'ing what. Someone should tell her to stfu. She's a beauty pageant contestant. It's right up there with being a pin-up girl. They aren't paid to talk.

And isn't vanity one of the seven deadly sins?

You had me with the subject of your thread until I read the first sentence which is where I stopped reading.

I think the question you should be asking is' date=' "Why do I and so many others give a crap about what some beauty pageant contestant thinks?"

[/quote']

Amen! We have an unhealthy obsession with these "beauty" contests. Anything surrounding them is hyped like it was the most important thing in the world. We've got bigger problems.

Please explain why they are liars and hypocrites.

Do I really need to?

Can't we just pretend I did and save me from writing 3 paragraphs of how she lied, and signed documentation stating she hadn't taken naughty pics. You know, all the while holding her self as being on the moral high ground.

As for her views on gay marriage. Who cares what she thinks. That doesn't change her lies and deception.

Archived