Gibson Brands Forums

ES 339 - Favorite color?

maller

I'm thinking of getting an ES-339. I can't find any in stock to play and haven't seen one in-person, so I'll probably have to order one on-line.

Wondering what you think of the color choices for it. What's your favorite? From the pics, I think I'm leaning towards Antique Vintage Sunburst.

The Vintage sunburst.

If you have any doubts look at the backs. The light burst looks like they put the wrong neck on it. I cant say that about the red because I havent seen the back on them. More of a burst fan I guess. That being said get anyone they are great guitars. and they just went up in price $200.

If you consider Chuck, Eric, and Dickey all had red 335's, there's a lot of serious mojo behind the red semihollows. I like that they call it antique "red", not "cherry" or "faded cherry" or "vintage" anything. Just Red. As far as I can see "antique" refers to the yellow binding, not really the red color. Incidentally it's not as dark as the Crossroads Clapton red.

IMG_3089.jpg

IMG_3091.jpg

Sorry to torture you, Murph.

I got a red one because alot of my blues heroes used red semi's and I've gotta have a red one if I wanna play like those guys.

That Cherry color is just so right! Compared to my ES-347, it would look like a child, a really cute baby!

BTW- your choice of Bluesmen is impeccable. I love Otis Rush. That's a picture of the ES-355 w/ vibrola, the original Lucille, with BB.

Murph's the resident 339 Sales Rep. He's already sold about ten of 'em. Don't get him going or you'll end up buying two.

Yea, and with my check, I bought some Dippin' Dots......

"A small please"...................

Bwahahahahahah.

Murph.

Murph' date=' What's the story with the torture over red?? [/quote']

I bought a Vintage Burst last Sept., (which I LOVE, by the way...) and ever since Bobv keeps showing off his red one every chance he gets. Now I want a red one.

He's a cruel, cruel man.

I bought a Vintage Burst last Sept.' date=' (which I LOVE, by the way...) and ever since Bobv keeps showing off his red one every chance he gets. Now I want a red one.

He's a cruel, cruel man.[/quote']

so if Bobv and I team up and keep showing you pics of red ones, you'll break down and eventually get one?? :-) This is a fun game!

Red is still my vote. It is the awesome-est color.

Archived