Gibson Brands Forums

Strats

callen3615

I've been thinking about blocking the trem and I think thats what I'll do' date=' another suggestion was to put the extra two springs in, it's recommended to have only 3 in with lighter guage strings I think I have 10's on it at the moment. It's funny I don't have any other guitars with a Trem on, I quite fancy a twisted tele with a Bigsby or something like that, any one got any tips or favourite locking nut type things, Whats this Phil X Flip Stick thing, I've been trying to fnd it on the web byut nothig as yet?[/quote']

Ever thought of a Tremol-no? I put one in my Strat and its the best of both worlds. I can lock off the trem when I want it to be a hard-tail.

I love my strat and I think it's worth the extra bucks to upgrade to a Deluxe (locking tuners, cobalt noiseless pickups, S-1 switch which is very neat, etc.). If you try to upgrade your strat individually with these, then it'll cost you more, so I think it's worth it. The used market prices are probably higher now because Fender significantly increased its prices back in February.

Um' date=' im looking for a strat. Ive seen a couple american standards on ebay for around 700-900. Is that pretty normal for a used standard? Thanks, and please dont hurt me.[/quote']

I agree with Neo, price is a bit high. Not bad but also look on your local Craigslist, they do come up fairly.

I am most comfortable with a Strat in my hands, even more so than a Les Paul. It's the tone that I'm not a huge fan of, it's not what I'm after. I guess that's why I love my PRS, it's a great compromise between an LP and a Strat. Similar feel to a Strat with more balls almost like an LP. I can get nice single coil tones from it too. It doesn't replace either one, but it does it all. I would give up my BFG for an Ash American Fat Strat or PRS Mira though.

Don't discount a Highway One if you are going new... awesome guitars.

I love my strat and I think it's worth the extra bucks to upgrade to a Deluxe (locking tuners, cobalt noiseless pickups, S-1 switch which is very neat, etc.). If you try to upgrade your strat individually with these, then it'll cost you more, so I think it's worth it. The used market prices are probably higher now because Fender significantly increased its prices back in February.

Im with you on this one...

The only thing "Fender" on the Strat is the neck & body. All electronics are high end aftermarket, and I bought a Callaham tremolo block and plate. The "Stephensdesign" pickups im using blew my mind when I heard them.

Im using the '59 set. I have no need for another Stratocaster. This one is how a Strat was meant to sound.

The American Deluxe gets pricey though.

Another option is the Deluxe Players Stratocaster, it is Mexican made but it has the American noiseless pickups, S1 switching and the spaghetti logo it is half the price. $800 brand new, it comes with a guitar purse isteand of a case though.

I love my strat and I think it's worth the extra bucks to upgrade to a Deluxe (locking tuners' date=' cobalt noiseless pickups, S-1 switch which is very neat, etc.). If you try to upgrade your strat individually with these, then it'll cost you more, so I think it's worth it. The used market prices are probably higher now because Fender significantly increased its prices back in February. [/quote']

My thoughts exacty.....

I like my sg too. I just need a tremolo

I installed a bigsby on mine and am very happy how it turned out. I do like my vibrato in my Strat very much. I keep 5 springs and no backplate. Just little dips with the arm is all I do tho.

I love my strat and I think it's worth the extra bucks to upgrade to a Deluxe (locking tuners' date=' cobalt noiseless pickups, S-1 switch which is very neat, etc.). If you try to upgrade your strat individually with these, then it'll cost you more, so I think it's worth it. The used market prices are probably higher now because Fender significantly increased its prices back in February. [/quote']

I have an American Deluxe and don't ever use the S-1 switching.

Hi Fartz' date='

I was recommended to put all the springs in has it helped with tuning stability.

This tremel-no that Ibis mentions above sounds like a good idea but I don't know what it involves, also the stick thing that Phil x is supposed to have invented I wonder what that is.

I love SG's I think I'd like one with some sort of locking Nut though.

All the Best

Roger[/quote']

Yes, having all the springs does help keep the guitar in tune, I believe. Locking nuts don't promise flawless tuning tho and I'm not a fan of them.

Archived