Gibson Brands Forums

Lounge survey

Homz

Lounge survey.

My intent is to show the diversity that exists in our little forum lounge. We live all over the world and yet seem to be more then capable of dealing with most if not all of our own problems. It seems there are a few among us who have been given admiration and respect based on their posts over a long period of time. I call on those whom we all respect to find the commonalities, foster the growth of real debate, quash the trolls, and in simple take the lead.

We fringe players like to stir the pot, which is not necessarily a bad thing. We bait the hooks and cast our lines. I am not advocating for this to stop. In fact I think it's a vital part of the lounge and should never stop. What I am saying is that those with the above mentioned respect of all forum members have shown clever tact for diffusing the most aggressive natures of those that might be on the brink of getting banned. I am asking that they tell the offenders to dial it down a notch or two. Being a respected member has it's advantages beyond that of us average posters. You know who you are.

Do the right thing. For the lounge.

Thanks.

It seems there are a few among us who have been given admiration and respect based on their posts over a long period of time.

Define "long time"?

Since Gibson deletes all posts on this whole forum after 6 months - its nothing more than a current events blog, and rather useless as an on going resource for musicians.

So enjoy stirring the pot -

carry on

You are the focus of the culture here.

Me - I'm heading for a Forum worth my time - see below:

I'd like to think I've earned a little respect.

I don't take things here in the lounge too seriously.

If someone feels the need to post controversial topics for attention or just to get their a$$ kicked over one thing or another, attention is still attention I guess.

Although the more colorful topics do seem to get the most action.

I'd like to think I've earned a little respect.

I don't take things here in the lounge too seriously.

If someone feels the need to post controversial topics for attention or just to get their a$$ kicked over one thing or another' date=' attention is still attention I guess.

Although the more colorful topics do seem to get the most action.[/quote']

I think you've earned more respect then T-god...where is t-god btw?

Of course most of us, event he trolls and the ignorant, are going to think we're respected posters.

However, other than a few who know their stuff about guitars, music, etc. the majority of us add nothing at all to the common knowledge of the forum.

Sorry James, I'm way to realistic to think anyone has any respect for anything anyone says, or perhaps i should say "too cynical".

As usual, the choice for me isn't in the list.

I'm a- "Guy in a small town that likes to talk about Music and Politics. My small town doesn't seem to understand the importance of voting, let alone know enough about it to have a conversation about Cabinet Appointees. Also, there's a lack of Traditional Rock and Blues guitarist around here. I've seen and heard more Ibanez's played through Digital Modeling than any one should. So if I want to talk about true tone through a good Amp, I have to go online.

As for what you all think of me (my Id), that's for you to know, and me to care less about.

Archived