Gibson Brands Forums

BEHOLD!!!!! I FINALLY PUT UP PICS OF THE TELE!!!

mr newhaven

I just bought a Made In Japan All Rosewood Tele!

Pictures to come tomorrow when I take them and start a photo bucket account!

The most beautiful guitar I have ever laid my hands/eyes on!

It was owned by some studio session player...it has some one-off bridge pickup

Bill Lawrence or something like that

I wrote it down somewhere

This thing is heavy as hell and so raw!!!!

Pics to come!

I just bought a Made In Japan All Rosewood Tele!

This thing is heavy as hell and so raw!!!!

Yes, the rosewood teles are the hearviest teles out there. It's because it's either maple or alder sandwiched between the two pieces of rosewood. Unless it's solid rosewood.

Congratulations. What a sweet find. I hope you got a great deal on it too.

HERE ARE THE PICS!!!!!!

**I TOOK THEM ON MY CELL PHONE AND I AM NOT AN ARTIST!**

KEEP THAT IN MIND WHEN YOU VIEW THEM...IF ANYONE MORE KNOWLEDGEABLE THAN ME CAN PLEASE SHARE INFO ON WHAT THEY THINK...IT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!

IMG_0549.jpg

IMG_0542.jpg

IMG_0543.jpg

IMG_0544.jpg

IMG_0545.jpg

THIS ONE I PUT ON BECAUSE I WANTED YOU GUYS TO SEE HOW THE PREVIOUS OWNER MODDED THE TONE KNOB TO BE A PULL UP (IM GUESSING THIS ISNT STOCK...MAYBE IT IS...PLEASE TELL ME...IT ALLOWS TO CHANGE THE MIDS I THINK...):

IMG_0546.jpg

IMG_0547.jpg

IMG_0548.jpg

Wow' date=' nice score.

How much did you pay if you don't mind me asking?

I've looked at these before and would love to own one.[/quote']

All and all it ran me around 2k...

There is a couple of reasons why I think...for one...my buddy who told me about it went to the shop 3 days in a row to play it and make sure no one took...so the guy knew I was interested when i finally walked in the door!

I haggled a bit...but he and i both knew that i wasnt going to find one of these anytime soon...(I've been looking for over a year) and even though its modded...and i told him that...there wasnt much latitude on the axe...

i got away without paying the tax...so i saved like $170 or something like that...

all and all though im still happy with what i got for the money!

a new '52 reissue is $2100 now and this certainly beats the hell out of one of those!

it does have a one off Bill Lawrence pup in the bridge...i wish i could get better pics of the wax wound string...but my camera phone stinks...I'll try and get more pics...

speaking of which...does anyone know about this Bill Lawrence guy...I dont know anything really about him or his stuff...and I just started to do some research into it now...

This is a good article about Harrison's Telecaster and the guy who made it.

George's Tele

thanks for the link californiaman!

yeah its a great little article!

its a shame george didnt keep it longer...(I heard it was a weight issue...he had an unchambered version...mine is chambered and still weighs over 9lbs!)

duane allman played it for a while though...and it seems to have bounced around a bit...but nonetheless...it is easily the most gorgeous guitar i have ever held!

*not the original one of course but my humble little MIJ re-issue

Archived