Gibson Brands Forums

Incredible, profound quote.

NeoConMan

"I judge people by their principles. Not my own." — Martin Luther King Jr.

I've never heard that one before.

I like it alot.

Sorta sums up in very few words what my Dad and Grandfather taught me, and I've taught my own children.

Watching what somebody does and then allowing their own actions to speak volumes, even condemn them, is not hatred.

It's the truth.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Neo I like you man,

We older guys seem to have a knack at spelling out danger, bullsh1t etc. I make freinds VERY easily. Racism does not come INTO this, so please go past that immediately. Good people are indeed good people even if they are not friends or may not even like you as a person, hell you tried right? Nope, personally I would not. Why MAKE friends with someone that does not likeyou? Absolutely pointless and why bother! Well you actually should ask why. That would make you a better person.

Friends however? You KNOW when you make a good one.

People know bullshit in a millisecond.

Although your dad may have been SLIGHTLY judgemental, yup, good advice. I would personally look slightly further if I liked whoever, but yeah. not bad advice man.

It sorta ties in with another thing my old man encouraged me to do - loan money to people.

Seriously.

If somebody needs ten bucks badly enough that would come to you and ask, give it to 'em if you can afford it.

It's only ten bucks, you may help the guy out, and if you don't really expect it back....

Here's the fork in the road;

He gives you the ten bucks back later, without asking, and thanks you.

OR

He skunks you and looks the other way when you walk by.

It cost you only ten dollars to know for a FACT that the guy is a piece of sh!t and cannot be trusted.

That's cheap proof.

If he'll stick you in the *** for a few dollars, what will he do when something big is at stake?

This lesson has proved itself out for me more times than I can count.

So you can see the parallel with King's quote.

It's not my ten bucks that made the guy a piece of sh!t.

It's his principles, for all the world to witness...

If he'll stick you in the *** for a few dollars' date=' what will he do when something big is at stake?

This lesson has proved itself out for me more times than I can count. [/quote']

Being half Greek, you have no idea the connotations that has. And I would not have taken you for a catcher. :D

If they do' date=' that means you can trust them just as much as the next guy - however much that may be for you...[/quote']

Word, then you both pop along with your life. see them again and YO DUDE!!!! HOW ARE YA? Wanna beer man.

Happens to me a lot and is very cool. Respect of others man. Life is good ;-)

The wankers I know and am probably gonna meet MANY more.:D

Archived