Gibson Brands Forums

Your Show

cookieman15061

I actually HAVE now been invited to do a radio show in the states with Raven from the Vault of Metal, so soon I will be doing a spot. And a VERY good question.

There is only one for me. Millions of songs but this still makes the hairs stand up on my neck. The B side of "over the Mountain" 7" single which I still have, Ozzy and Randy, "I Don't Know" LIVE.

The feel and INCREDIBLE harmonics Randy played on that song just gets me every time, Oh YES BABY.

My first guess would be Graham Bonnet. Great bloke and a superb singer.

Well if it was a rock and roll show I'd invite, well it woulda been Lux interior (only cuz Fats Domino was so shy), but ... Jerry Lee Lewis or Little Richard. I'd let him pick the tune. (Lemmy Kilmister would be my 3rd pick)

If it's metal I'd invite Rob Halford or Kerry King & I'd play 'Iron Maiden' by Iron Maiden.

If the guest were dead it would be a boring interview, wouldn't it? Buzzing flies isn't exactly interesting to listen to...

Matt's Metal show

I would have the original Garland Sugar Foot Rag and then introduce John 5 and have him play his version and talk about his love of country and also metal.

Matt's Classical show

I would have composers Leo Brouwer and Gabriel Yared on and have excepts from Gabriel's English Patient music playing as my first track!

Matt's Jazz and Blues show

Howard Allen's version of See You In My Dreams would be the first track followed by an extensive interview with him.

Matt's Classic Rock Show

I would have Perfumed garden playing from Bitter and Twisted, Bernie Torme's previous album. I would than have him and Chris dude together and ask them about how their styles complimented each other.

Matt's World Music Show

I would have Robert Plant and Alison Krauss' "Gone..." being played and ask him how he stays so fresh as an artist.

Matt

Archived