Gibson Brands Forums

Happy destruction of the West Indies Day!

DAS44

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
May I quote Beanie (Vince Vaughn) on Old School:

"Well' date=' Columbus wasn't looking for America, my man, but that turned out to be pretty okay for everyone".

DAS without Columbus none of us would be here. [-o< [/quote']

Yeah, man.

There's a time and a place for everything DAS, and right now is the time and place for celebrating the progress afforded by Columbus' expedition. Make of it what you will, but I for one will save my criticisms of imperialism for another day.

I am not a Columbus-Basher...but when he got here... there were already people here..... so he couldn't have "discovered" the "New World"...but he did find it and identify it for Europeans, no?

My wife's grandfather was a Genealogist, and traced their ancestry back to The Mayflower. He pointed that out to me, and asked what I thought about her ancestors being here from the 1500's. I told him, when the Mayflower landed, my ancestors greeted 'em! (Cherokees were in South Carolina 'til Jackson moved 'em to Oklahoma).

Bob

Actually a bunch of lost orientals discovered it it about 20' date='000 years before CC was even born. [/quote']

Orientals is a word to describe a certain type of rug or carpet. I believe Asian is the more acceptable term to describe the inhabitants of East Asian nations.

Just saying :-

its what my history teacher calls columbus day ( Happy destruction of the West Indies Day)

Yet another apologist, right wing, so-called educator blaming red blooded American citizens for all the ills of the world. But do you think your teacher would give his/her home to the Native Americans and go back to the home of his/her forefathers? I think not.

Yet another apologist' date='[b'] right[/b] wing, so-called educator blaming red blooded American citizens for all the ills of the world.

Right wing? :-k

Tom, not to be a contrarian but examine your Left and your Right once again.

You're mixing your metaphors....

:-({|=

:D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/

I believe Asian is the more acceptable term to describe the inhabitants of East Asian nations.

I'll ask my 70 year old Japanese stepmother and my 40 year old half-breed sister what they feel is appropriate.

:D/

Thank you for assuming that burden' date=' worrying so much about what [i']other people[/i] will find offensive.

Especially if you take the time to convince the 'victim' that they were offended when they didn't see it that way....

:D

Excuse me, but I think your heart is bleeding.

:-({|=

Just sayin'....

:-k

its what my history teacher calls columbus day

If he worked in my wife's district or taught at my child's school I would have him fired.

That's a promise.

The classroom is about information' date=' not indoctrination.[/b']

I wonder if that teacher would let his kids hang around ME so I could tell 'em how it oughta be?

They would have a whole new way of thinking about the world when I was done with them.

:D/

And they would no longer fear the truth or reality.

Here's an idea;

I wonder if anybody would be upset if I introduced legislation in Congress to change the name of a holiday?

Maybe Martin Luther King Jr. should have his day changed to James Earl Ray Day.

I mean, King was a great man, accomplished MUCH, and is entirely deserving of the recognition.

But would he have been so honored had he not been murdered in cold blood and made a martyr?

It's the single action of a white trash redneck with malice aforethought who created the circumstances.

That Memphis hotel balcony would have been just another walkway to this day.

And we would have never heard of the Fine Reverend Jesse Jackson......

So, who do we thank for the government holiday?

DAS, do you really wanna stir up your teacher?

(Of course you do....)

Ask him the above question, watch him go up like a rocket.

Trust me...

:D/ :-k

Save your flaming responses, I'm only illustrating how one-sided that do-gooder sh!t is.

Archived