Gibson Brands Forums

I am 49 and just gave Buckethead a listen.

GibsonByBirth

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Read the statement by djroge1 - it's what we were talking about

Golly - I thought it was about music. There's plenty of music out there I don't like' date=' or you might not care for - there's nothing whatever [b']new[/b] about that.

There's nothing particularly new about the artist in question, either. He's been around for a while.

For the record - I kind of like his stuff.

OK, I'm done.

Your wrong there' date=' way to many BH threads this past 2 weeks. I have spoken with the powers to be and its almost as if this is not a Gibson forum but a BH forum, so your wrong there. Any other threads will be moved to the Gibson Artist Section where he can be discussed freely without all this controversy.

[/quote']

Thank god

I was getting overwhelmed with these losers...

Maybe we should give them a section?

Or just ban them all :-

I'd agree that no one needs 4 threads on one artist...I do see a few on Zakk Wylde though....it doesn't bother me though.

What's funny to me is that 2 of the 4 Buckethead-related threads threads were made by non-Buckethead fans....one of them to say "Hey I tried and he's good but I don't like it" (Cheers - this is good and respectful)

One of them to solely to bash on Buckethead. (Jeers - this is bad and disrespectful) <---- this thread is gone now. Not sure who deleted it, the mods or the thread starter but thats a good step.

This multiple thread thing does seem common here though....you make a thread and within 5 minutes, its on the 2nd page.

Anyway, again...kudos to those who have checked out the artist in question and decided whether or not you like his music AND did not throw insults the way of the fans....

takeitease.

I have an idea. How about :

- banning oilpit

- allowing no more than one guitarest posting per month

These two simple measures alone would cut down the number and size of BH related threads, not to mention the "controversy" in them. Just sayin' :-

DJ

--

- banning oilpit

These two simple measures alone would cut down the number and size of BH related threads' date=' not to mention the "controversy" in them. Just sayin' :-

DJ

--[/quote']

lmao....ban hammer ban hammer! haha

LOL! Big ****ing plus one to that, DrJ.

Guitarest, I can see you love to throw your weight around quite a bit, and you should! You're a mod of the ever so prestigious Gibson forum, which, by the by, is widely considered to be a cesspool of the internet guitar community. Where do you go from the top, huh? But if it weren't for unreasonable immature asshole posters that go out of there way to burst someones bubble there wouldn't be multiple Buckethead threads. Maybe you should relay that back to HQ?

LOL! Big ****ing plus one to that' date=' DrJ.

Guitarest, I can see you love to throw your weight around quite a bit, and you should! You're a mod of the ever so prestigious Gibson forum, which, by the by, is widely considered to be a cesspool of the internet guitar community. Where do you go from the top, huh? But if it weren't for unreasonable immature ******* posters that go out of there way to burst someones bubble there wouldn't be multiple Buckethead threads. Maybe you should relay that back to HQ? [/quote']

oh snap. and because i didnt say it before: IBTL!

I'm 42 and cannot believe how technically proficient and time-skillful the fellow is. He has put in his time and has mastered his lessons.

Given that' date=' his music isn't for me. I've said it before, but believe if he'd take a couple of years off, concentrate on 15-20 songs and really put everything he had into those, then record the best 10-12, he'd really be something. Regardless of the genre or style, whatever his preference. The guy has skills and talent, but so far, he's just showcased his chops. He really needs to find his heart, his niche, and greatness will follow. Mass production of every genre isn't that.

Dude can play though... He's learned everything he can about the technical theory. He just needs to find his niche.[/quote']

About finding his nitch, wouldn't that be limiting himself? It's great to play all sorts of genres and Buckethead is considered an avant garde and experimental guitarist. Actually some fans were complaining about him finding his nitch. In 07, he started releasing similar genre albums like he had found the sound he liked and it wasn't enough variation for some people.

Good points! Yes' date=' Blizzard and Diary got some shockingly bad reviews!; many metal aficionados and even musicologists, think they are two of the best metal albums ever made now though!

Sometimes we have to realise it is not the artist that lacks, but our own ability to grasp what they are doing that is the problem. That is the hard part for people in general, as the old ego would always rather congratulate itself and dismiss the obstacle, as it poses a threat to it's credibility.

Matt

[/quote']

I've always loved Blizzard and Diary but I wasn't around back them, I'm a kid (laughing emoticon):) .

And sometime it takes time and open-mindedness to enjoy certain music. When I first heard Buckethead's album "Inbred Mountain", it was hard to get through the whole thing. But after listening to it a few times, I really enjoy it and appreciate it as an avant garde masterpiece. Some BH fans think it might be his best album.

If anyone is curious about Bucket's music, and wants a sample, here's a free album. Standout tracks include "Giant Robot", "Hog ***** Stomp", "Binge Buddies", "I love my parents", "Scraps", "Mrs Beasley" and "Chicken Boy" - especially the last 3.

Enjoy;

128k mp3: http://alleyjazz.net/de/GiantRobot.html

320k mp3: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NJVSTWSS

Apple lossless: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NX8V4PQ6

guitarest wrote:

"Your wrong there, way to many BH threads this past 2 weeks. I have spoken with the powers to be and its almost as if this is not a Gibson forum but a BH forum, so your wrong there. Any other threads will be moved to the Gibson Artist Section where he can be discussed freely without all this controversy."

YES! Another one down! Time to go to the fender forum and turn THAT into a Buckethead forum.

[YOUTUBE]
[/YOUTUBE]

Wow!

I never gave Limp Bizkit a second listen' date=' all these years I had no idea what Durst was capable of!!!

I mean, he was more than a singer - he was working as a "professional celebrity" for a while.

You know, the people who hang out at all the big parties with the cameras and media focus like the ones Hef has at the Playboy mansion or the red carpet at any of a hundred "awards" shows I never watch...

They don't actually [i']do[/i] anything, they're just there to be there and get invited to the next big party.

To see Fred's smoking guitar mastery captured for the sake of posterity - maybe it should be included in a time capsule or launched into outer space the next time we go trolling for intelligent life out there!!!!

:D/

Okay, I'll stop.

Curiosity got the best of me when I heard that Chinese Democracy was really being released.

I looked around at some Buckethead stuff and found nothing remarkable.

Maybe what he's doing on the album is extraordinary and Axl is really gonna conquer the rock world.

Didn't happen.

The album is nothing like GnR of old, and the new stuff didn't move me.

To processed, too much dubbing, too many effects.

You guys can like him all you want, I'm sure my musical tastes wouldn't agree with yours either.

Hell, my best friends and the best players I know are very different from me in their likes and tastes...

Oh, and Guitarest and anybody else on the Mod Squad have a job to do with Masters to please.

They can put threads wherever they want, as they see fit, or vaporize them into cyberspace.

I'm sorry if the content, direction, flavor or participation don't suit everybody.

Hell, I've been BANNED here more than once - for reasons I did not agree with - but it ain't my show.

Maybe start your OWN forum and do it better?

Seen that happen many, many times - and fail.

Velocidad Maximus, I really don't like calling people out by name but I have to take issue with your assessment.

"...Gibson forum, which, by the by, is widely considered to be a cesspool of the internet guitar community."

;)

Wanna qualify that statement?

I'm registered in literally dozens of forums, at least a dozen on guitars alone.

Guns, motorcycles, airplanes, cars, drag racing, Chevy trucks, Jeeps, you name it.

I see some that have HUGE traffic numbers, and they are independent forums NOT supported by corporations.

Company boards are much smaller in EVERY instance.

And the "cesspool" part?

Depends on what you consider sewage.

I could name a few big model-specific forums that are pathetically run, moderated by angry worms with agendas.

Quit yer b!tchin' and participate, lurk, or leave.

Whatever you choose, the world (and Gibson) will survive.

Okay Guitarest, back to you.

(Don't ban me!)

:D/

I'm sorry what was that?

;)

Can't you read? Doesn't really surprise me' date=' I personally know 7 year olds with a stronger grasp of english. Oh, and learn how to use paragraphs.

I find it highly amusing that you continually get sand in your vagina regarding Buckethead and feel the need to sweep these threads under the carpet. Jealous much?

Any normal person will read these threads and see straight through your bullshit. You really are an embarrassment to the Gibson name.

I hope you are enjoying moderating, because I can't see it lasting very long at all.

Velocidad Maximus, I really don't like calling people out by name but I have to take issue with your assessment.

"...Gibson forum, which, by the by, is widely considered to be a cesspool of the internet guitar community."

:D

Wanna qualify that statement?

I'll qualify that. As long as guitarest has his finger on the button, and ****wits like :oilpit: and yourself continue posting their verbal diarrhoea this place shall remain a cesspool.

- banning oilpit

These two simple measures alone would cut down the number and size of BH related threads' date=' not to mention the "controversy" in them. Just sayin' :D

DJ

--[/quote']

LOL! Big ****ing plus one to that' date=' DrJ.

Guitarest, I can see you love to throw your weight around quite a bit, and you should! You're a mod of the ever so prestigious Gibson forum, which, by the by, is widely considered to be a cesspool of the internet guitar community. Where do you go from the top, huh? But if it weren't for unreasonable immature ******* posters that go out of there way to burst someones bubble there wouldn't be multiple Buckethead threads. Maybe you should relay that back to HQ? [/quote']

I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. Thank you boys. As any reasonable person will see, you speak the truth.

I think this thread has strayed away from the subject matter and has turned into personal attacks. I will lock the thread.

Please refrain from personal attacks on other forum members, as it won't be tolerated anymore. If you have a problem with someone, take it outside.

Archived