Gibson Brands Forums

All set for tonight's gig.

Thundergod

I just came back from sound-test and everything was great... took the les paul standard faded, the melody maker and the studio, the melody maker has 2 oversized single coils so there's no need for a strat, everything sounded great, I cannot believe how wonderful the tone and overall sound of the guitar was. I think I'm in love again =D>

One thing bothers me... I play lead, and there are songs that have somehow difficult rythm guitar parts, I get to play those as the other player is somwhow limited... BUT for those songs he has to do the leads which are easy, and he doesn't seem to be able to play that either... I'm a little worried about this, the guy is the onoe who invited me to the band in the first place and everyone else looks at him like they want to let him go.

What to do... hope everything goes well tonight, for starters, the sound was great and I'm excited about this gig because of that.

It Depends.

If the audience likes what you're playing with this guy then keep it together. If the Audience notices he stinks, you might want to suggest he do a little homework and Woodshed those hard rhythms. I'm jumping to the conclusion he's the kind of guy that only practices at Band Practice =D>

If he can't take the suggestion, he might leave. If he can, he might get better.

Either Way, Gigs are Great. Always good to hear someones Gigging.

Everything went well last night... BUT, when I was loading my stuff in the car to come home "the other guy" comes with some chicks and tells me I did good but I should practice more! I just laughed and said "I guess I should", I didn't want to make him look back with the ladies, but the drummer heard that and was laughing his a$$ off, "can you believe that guy?" he said.

I had a good time anyway, the other player is a good friend and owns a small guitar store, I think I'll visit him during the week and practice the songs with him so that he gets them right.

I didn't want to make him look back with the ladies' date=' but the drummer heard that and was laughing his a$$ off, "can you believe that guy?" he said.[/quote']

Good job man...

I wouldn't have been able to bite back a retort.

So next time... kick some *** and make him stand back. Put himto shame and don't say anything about it

By the way, the other guy is a friend and he was the one who asked me to join the band, he even told me at the time, he couldn't handle the leads, which I found odd as I have always thought it harder to nail the rythm.

Anyway he's going through some stuff personally right now, so it's my oportunity to support him. He's a good guy but right now his mind is somewhere else.

By the way' date=' the other guy is a friend and he was the one who asked me to join the band, he even told me at the time, he couldn't handle the leads, which I found odd as I have always thought it harder to nail the rythm.

Anyway he's going through some stuff personally right now, so it's my oportunity to support him. He's a good guy but right now his mind is somewhere else.[/quote']

oh in that case.. just sit back do what you should

Is there a way one can shoot even a short clip of you playing

so we can see and hear you? Go melt some faces tonight....ROCK ON!!!

I've been offering to post something and something always gets in the way, Ill try to shoot next week's rehearsals, see if I can get anyting worth posting, but you guys are a hard to please crowd :-

Congrats on the gig Thunder. I'm sure you had a good time and got lots of complements on your playing... Thats always a great thing... Glad to here it went well and I'm glad you are taking care of your buddy while he is going threw some sh@t. Tells me you are a good guy. If you decide to stick with the band though and he needs a kick in the butt later on, you should do that too...

Well, you have more patience than I do, TG. If that guy had told me to "Practice More" while he's holding on to the only reason he plays (the girls) I would Steal His Band! Straight up Take the Bass Player and Drummer and leave that clown with his rhythms and his issues.

A line from Crossroads comes to mind, "If you'd spend as much time with your hands on those strings as you do that girls ***, you might get someplace."

Sorry, I have a low tolerance for No Talent Clowns who play the guitar for chicks and put those around them down to make themselves feel more important than they are. It sounds like you're a better friend than he is.

Sorry' date=' I have a low tolerance for No Talent Clowns who play the guitar for chicks and put those around them down to make themselves feel more important than they are. It sounds like you're a better friend than he is.[/quote']

+1

Archived