Gibson Brands Forums

Rubber!

daveinspain

How could I be so stupid...? I bought a new guitar stand, the kind that has a base and the back of the guitar leans against a little rubber strip... I bought it for my acoustic but I must have had my ES 339 on the stand a few times. So I pick up my 339 to wipe it down and there on the back of the guitar are a few dark rubber marks in roughly the same spot, just where the back of the guitar rests on that #@!*ing stand.

I tried Virtuoso cleaner on it and the marks got a little lighter but they are still very present. Is there anything I can do?

DSC03479.jpg

DSC03478.jpg

Oh no! I don't know if there's anything you can do. It sounds like the rubber is reacting with the finish on your guitar. I had that happen to me once. -it ate right through the finish down to the wood. Now, when I use a guitar stand, I make sure any part that touches my guitars is covered with a piece of fabric or something. -Pieces of fabric from old cotton t-shirts or towels work great.

Lighter fluid will NOT harm the nitro.

I don't know if it will get the stain out.

But it won't hurt a thing.

I might try it then... a little tiny bit to see if I have any luck.

Sorry man' date=' don't know what you can do to get rid of it.

But, what you can do now is tell us what brand is that stand so none of us has to go through the same.

(I pray it's not a hercules stand... all my guitars are using them righ now!)[/quote']

No it's not a Hercules stand... All of my stands are Hercules except for these two little acoustic stands I just bought, the brand is Proel... piece of sh@t.

Dave, I've bought a Dell'Arte one month ago at my local guitar shop(owner=luthier)...but there were some minor scratches on the top, so I asked if he could fix that...

He has just polished the top and all scratches have vanished...(I've forgotten to ask how he did that, which product he'd used), just saying...bring it to a luthier(no problem to find one in Spain!)

Sorry to see that' date=' Dave.

Hey, mine's getting beat up after 1 plus years in bars......

(hope that helps).

Murph.

[/quote']

Yeah Murph but those are real battle scars... but thanks just the same.... I'm almost over it anyway :-({|=

Archived