Gibson Brands Forums

Dr. Z

Californiaman

I'm sure it's a killer amp. But, I dunno if it is youtube screwing things up or if it's the way the sound was recorded, but listen to how some pick sounds and notes just make the volume jump right up just to get sucked back down again. That's compression, folks, and with that much of it, the speaker in my Sony mobile phone would sound "fat and creamy" if I somehow could hook up my guitar to it.

No idea if it's any good going by those videos. It sounded good for single note lines and noodling and most any amp can handle that but, IMO, the real test is how well an amp holds up when playing rhythm parts with chords.

Not trying to sound cranky, but it annoys the hell out of me when I hear web demos of gear and there's no damned rhythm playing and just noodling. How many guitar players play nothing but leads?

No idea if it's any good going by those videos. It sounded good for single note lines and noodling and most any amp can handle that but' date=' IMO, the real test is how well an amp holds up when playing rhythm parts with chords.

Not trying to sound cranky, but it annoys the hell out of me when I hear web demos of gear and there's no damned rhythm playing and just noodling. How many guitar players play nothing but leads?[/quote']

+1

Archived