Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone get the new slayer ablum? If so what do you think of it?

dem00n

I cant decide to buy it or not...its like..eh.

Im looking for a review from a acutal guitar player not some 25 year old guy typing "SLAYER RULES" into every sentence of the reivew and saying the first two ablums suck.

I think the first two albums sucked.

I really liked the new album ...but then again SLAYER RULES!!!!!!

Two more points:

1. What the hell is an ablum?

2. Who cares about Slayer. They sucked in the 80s and I bet they still suck.

Well, I happen to be a Slayer fan (and on some days I'll argue that they are the only truly worthwhile metal act to ever come out of the US!), and I just listened to some tracks from it and... yawn. Slayer is one of those bands who should have stopped making albums long ago and just do tours now and then. And going by the last time I saw them I'm not so sure they should still tour either.

Tom said he didn't want to stand up on stage head banging and screaming while pushing 50. It saddens me, but I'll have to agree with him there.

Two more points:

At least i wont be playing for 20 years and not know how to put strings on tuning pegs properly! #-o

Buy it. I've heard a few songs off of it' date=' and the new stuff sounds pretty good to me. The worst that can happen is you waste $15.[/quote']

Hmm...movies...slayer CD...movies...slayer CD....

Im picking movies. #-o

Well Dem00n, I'll be honest, I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet, but one of my writers, who is pretty well rounded musically, and has been a fan of Slayer since the 80's, was telling me it's a pretty solid album. Yo're one of those young kids, so you may want to go pick it up from Hot Topic...because they have it with a DVD [thumbup]

Two more points:

If you don't like metal, that's fine, but Slayer is an excellent metal band and consistently one of the tightest live rock band I've ever heard. I've seen them play plenty of times over the years including the first time I saw them on the "Hell Awaits" tour and after that the "Reign In Blood" tour (both back in the 80's) and as recently as a few years ago at Ozzfest - they have never disappointed me.

I bought it, but I have only listened to it once so far. The first thing I did notice was that the guitars are very clean sounding. They must have gone with a different producer or mixer, the guitars sound to clean and the vocals don't sound like Tom Araya. There were no songs that jumped out and grabbed me and said "listen to me again". Nothing memorable or interesting, they seemed very repetitive.

I have been listening to them since the early 80's (Show No Mercy was the third ALBUM I ever bought) and I have enjoyed their progression. I really enjoyed Christ Illusion and was expecting more of the same. Maybe the this CD will grow on me.

Huh? I think you have the wrong person. You mean Deepblue. We get mixed up a lot...we both have the same skin color.

hahaha [biggrin]

but anyway just go to hot topic dem00n.... you can listen to the whole album on those computer things they have by all the music. thats what i always do (and thats also why i always spend like an hour in that store lol) [crying]

I own the first few Slayer vinyl albums.

In my case Slayer is not one of the bands that made the transition from vinyl to CD, meaning I never bought one of their Cds and have not listened to them on vinyl in a long time. Their fu**ing Neo-Nazi undertones turned them into clowns in my perception.

The first few albums were great they were so wicked back then.

Archived