Gibson Brands Forums

Custom finish LP

scozz

This has got to be the most repulsive guitar I have ever seen. It's unsettling just to look at. [thumbdn]

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gibson-Les-Paul-no-reserve_W0QQitemZ260503303478QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item3ca734f536

was it a real gibson to begin with? it says les paul special instead of model and i thought the "special" would be on the TRC and the inlays are different? either way that is one ugly mother f****r of a guitar :-s

was it a real gibson to begin with? it says les paul special instead of model and i thought the "special" would be on the TRC and the inlays are different? either way that is one ugly mother f****r of a guitar :^o

It looks like a real LP Special. Headstock looks right, and it's got the mini trapizoid inlays that the Specials came with for a number of years. I don't see anything that would lead me to believe it's a fake. To the contrary, I've never seen a fake LP with those mini inlays.

Scott (wilson6624) says, "Well I guess it's a sign of the times, I am relisting this for less than I bought the original guitar for... It's my best work and this is less than I have ever had to ask for one of my guitars, including an Epiphone I sold. So here it is take it or leave it, next stop is the pawn shop. thanks again".

Scott is obviously an artisan, and he is probably a guitar player, but he doesn't, in my opinion, understand the "art of the guitar".

Coming soon, to a pawn shop near you....

Gota admit..that takes alot of work to do and my hat goes off to the guy who did it.

Agreed. From far away the guitar looks disgusting, like it's covered in barnacles. But close up, it's really not that bad, and I'm sure it took a hell of a lot of work, especially since he did the knobs and pickup rings, too.

Archived