Gibson Brands Forums

Silverbursts

silv8r8urst

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tim A, yea my silverburst is stock. It came with the active EMG pick-ups. and black hardware.

Eddie, thats probably the best silverburst i ever seen. Aside from Adam Jones, I think his is a 79 , i love the color of it, that greenish tint but not overwhelming.

But please note, i am not one of them that loves the silverburst because of Adam Jones, I love Tool and all, but I love the silverburst because of it beauty and the way it plays.....

Tim A, no swords... was meaning silverburst swords... Although I do have a fascination for swords, it's just that I buy guitars instead...

I took pics, soon I'll have em posted, need to get to a computer that doesn't have all of the useful websites blocked...

Beauty '84, though I'm partial to the fixed bridges... I love how it has aged, really nice!

Admittedly I was swayed towards a silverburst paint job due to Adam Jones, and The Mastadon crew to name a few, however I was so very attracted to the GOTW version due to it's difference, and because it looks like the EPI... I love having details that people overlook, only to realize later they missed it... As a blanket statement, I'm human, but different in general, and wanted a guitar that showed that... I appreciate the wood work in a flame top, but didn't want a run of the mill les paul that looked like many others, one in a league of its own - and it had to sound good on top of that. Not bashing, just sayin' silverburst, or bust!!

Silverbursts are incredible, someday I hope to own one.

I recall on eBay many months ago that someone had a custom shop silverburst J-45 or Hummingbird acoustic (I'm pretty sure it was the Hummingbird). It was AMAZING, never seen one of those before and it's NOT what you expect for an acoustic guitar finish.

Archived