Gibson Brands Forums

Silverbursts

silv8r8urst

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yea' date=' i noticed yours seemed more vintage looking than mine. till i saw yours i thought they made the showcase with a different paint that didnt change color, i actually like it with a little aged look. my trim has aged a bit, but the silver hasnt tinted yet. the guy who had it before me must have really took care of it..it just has some belt groves on the back side, but no scratched paint..

I would be nice to see what the certificate looks like.. I bet if mine came with the certificate, i would have had to pay more for it. I dont think the dealer knew how rare it is..

You got a great silverburst, dont ever get rid of it....[/quote']

I couldn't find the certificate today and I still don't know where it is, shame on me.

When the guitar was new, it looked extremely clean/shiny silver and black with all that great black hardware (I checked it with an old videotape of mine where I'm playing the showcase in the 80's during a live gig). It looked SOOOOOOOO great!

Now it's old and vintage with sort of a dirty brown/silver color to it. Definately not as shiny as it was in the 80's...I wished the color would never been changed over the years. When I clean the guitar it's very hard to make it shine, because the paint is become rather bad. There are many dirty, dry spots on the top and back of the guitar from wiping wax and having my own fingerprints and sweat on it from playing...it's kind of frustrating. I already tried Virtuoso Cleaner and Polish, but it doesn't remove those dirty spots and it doesn't make the guitar shine.

I wonder what year the first LP Silverburst was born....

Factory or or someone's own custom? Also I believe there may have been other Manufacturers too who may have done a Silverburst. Didn't Danelectro have a Silverburst in the late 50's early 60's?

It's either '77 or '78. it could also be one of those late in the year model runs. Unfortuantely most guides categorize those years only as "Various Colors", and not specifically "Silverburst". But I am sure there is some info out there that has been already researched. Both '77 & '78 list "Various Colors" in addition to the regular colors.

so i found 2 showcase editions so far, including Brams and mine, anybody out there with another one?

Bram, have you found that certificate yet, it would be cool to see it. and did you buy it brand new in 88? i bought mine used close to 10 years ago.

Time to show my baby! I am yet to name her' date=' but she doesn't ***** too much, is great on the eyes and she talks reeeeeeyulll purty! I think I'll keep her.

[img']http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r26/boyd3495/Burstlight.jpg[/img]

What a great photo, I love how the light reflects off of the pup. Looks almost heavenly. A gift from the Guitar Gods.[-o<

hello everybody. i recently purchased my first silverburst. it is an 08 standard. i just nabbed it 2 days ago, fresh out of the gibson box. I LOVE IT!! i previously only played the Les Paul Studio Lite's from the early 90's. i love their tone and sustain. i fell in love with the first silverburst i ever laid eyes on about 15 years ago. it was a late 70's era Les Paul, but i didn't have the money at the time. Now i finally have one and i couldn't be happier.

here's the silverburst:

100_2469-1.jpg

and my studio lite's:

100_2433-1.jpg

awesome guitars snot' date=' is that every color in that model?[/quote']

i don't think so. info on those studio lite's is kinda sketchy. those four are the blue, red, amber and mocha. i have seen the red with gold hardware and i have seen tobacco sunburst versions. i'm not a huge fan of the tobacco sunburst, so i never snagged one. i'd love to find out more info on the available colors.

Hi! This is my first post here. I've just purchased a 2003 custom shop les paul custom silverburst, modded with a Bigsby. Haven't received it yet, but I've heard the bigsby increases sustain among other things. I just wonder if you guys have any experience with bigsby on a les paul, and not least how the newer silverbursts are compared to the older ones.. Thank you for any input!

Custom Silverburst' date=' modded with a Bigsby. [/quote']

A custom Silverburst with a Bigsby, that ought to be interesting. I can't wait to see it. O:)

Make sure you post pics when you get her.

And welcome to the forum, a great bunch of guys to hang out with. Enjoy.

Archived