Gibson Brands Forums

Silverbursts

silv8r8urst

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Awesome slilverburst spitfire' date=' i like your pics. every time i see a new silverburst on here, makes me wish i could own every different model.

Beautiful guitars....[/quote']

Thanks man! It keeps getting better looking each day. Kinda like me, lol

/exit obscure Mac Davis references

hey spitfire, i did the same thing as you did, i saw that ad in the GC sales book and began calling both of the gtr ctrs in my area until they had one in stock. i love the standard so much more than the custom. i think it's that slim neck and the burstbucker pro p-ups.

the silverburst i bought last month (pictured on pg 7 of this thread) is a guitar center SB, however mine just has the 9 digit serial number stamped into the back of the headstock. i have seen a coupla SB standards on ebay with the inlaid decoration on the headstock and a "GC xxxx" serial number painted on the back. i kinda prefer the silver scripted "les paul" instead of the inlay decoration.

Yea' date=' once. Why?[/quote']

Because I knew a guy from Florida once who thought Silverbursts were the shiot.

I dunno if anyone here can tell you if Silverbursts are the most popular LPs. Maybe Gibson would share that sales data with you. Everything else is just a WAG.

hey spitfire' date=' i did the same thing as you did, i saw that ad in the GC sales book and began calling both of the gtr ctrs in my area until they had one in stock. i love the standard so much more than the custom. i think it's that slim neck and the burstbucker pro p-ups.

the silverburst i bought last month (pictured on pg 7 of this thread) is a guitar center SB, however mine just has the 9 digit serial number stamped into the back of the headstock. i have seen a coupla SB standards on ebay with the inlaid decoration on the headstock and a "GC xxxx" serial number painted on the back. i kinda prefer the silver scripted "les paul" instead of the inlay decoration.[/quote']

I didn't even look at the custom. Once I played the 60s neck standard it was so much better than my studio. I prefer the silver script and non GC serial as well. I know I'm up to speed with the SB, because I picked up my old Ibanez (that was home base for many years) and played it momentarily, then dropped it on the rack and went back to the LP. I love this thing!

Archived