Gibson Brands Forums

Non-guitar addiction

Izzy

Tell me all about it, darling. First step is admitting you have a problem.

Could be a hobby or a morbid fascination or whatever...

I'll begin. Hello, my name is Izzy and I have a thing for:

Cars. Old 60s-70s muscle cars. I've been caught humping a challenger before.

High speed driving makes me, erm...worse than a lap dance.

Dream car: 1970s TRANS AM black gold bird on hood, T-top.

Ok, I fessed up. Your turn. A tv show? Building model airplanes? Call girls?!?!?!!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dream car: 1970s TRANS AM black gold bird on hood' date=' T-top.[/quote']

I got my first speeding ticket in the mirror opposite of that car (gold with a black bird on the hood - 400 cubic inches w/aftermarket headers and Holley 4 barrel).

67 Covette 427/450hp.... 1/4 mile in 7 seconds....

Not in a million years!!!!

A 3100 lbs car would need 2800 rwhp to do 7's in the 1/4........... Not to mention' date=' a 35" spline full spool, 5000 stall, 30" slicks, 4.88 rear-end gears, 90/10 struts and 50/50 shocks, full cage, and a whole list of other things to keep it straight[cool']

Not in a million years!!!!

A 3100 lbs car would need 2800 rwhp to do 7's in the 1/4........... Not to mention' date=' a 35" spline full spool, 5000 stall, 30" slicks, 4.88 rear-end gears, 90/10 struts and 50/50 shocks, full cage, and a whole list of other things to keep it straight[cool']

Ok 8 seconds....[angry]

LOL

It would be lucky if it did 12's with a good driver on street tires...... Any vehicle with IRS' date=' just blows for drag racing due to wheel hop.[/quote']

I used to love to go to Here when I was a kid... There were a lot of hot rod builders in my neighborhood where I grew up too... I like the funny cars best and the smell of nitro...

[YouTube]

[/YouTube]

I got my first speeding ticket in the mirror opposite of that car (gold with a black bird on the hood - 400 cubic inches w/aftermarket headers and Holley 4 barrel).

First speeding ticket can't even remember it but most recent ticket was Thursday they sure love the Porsche even more than I do. :- #-o[angry]

275 dollars for a simple 16 over sheesh!

Luckily Guitars and related equipment is the only major addiction I have and it's more than enough I don't think I could Handle to many more although my wife and I have four cars and it's just the two of us.

My ride in high school. 1964 Olds F-85. Original 330 replaced with 1970 455.

1964F-85.jpg

Now, I'm not into cars at all. I am addicted to music. I listen constantly. I keep my iPod in my truck and keep the volume up. I also can't go a day without playing euchre online with Yahoo. It's rigged, but I still can't stop. More than 10'000 games played.

My ride in high school. 1964 Olds F-85. Original 330 replaced with 1970 455.

1964F-85.jpg

Now' date=' I'm not into cars at all. I am addicted to music. I listen constantly. I keep my iPod in my truck and keep the volume up. I also can't go a day without playing euchre online with Yahoo. It's rigged, but I still can't stop. More than 10'000 games played. [/quote']

Wow that brings back memories... My dad had a 1966 Olds that my brother inherited, had a big *** engine in it too... We did some major partying in that car...

I have a thing for terror/horror... I just can't have enough of anything horror related (wether it's movies, books, comics, maazines, or even real world news).

I have a thing for insects and reptiles too, and nature in general.

The first thing I am lucky to share with thundergirl, the second, not so much, she hates reptiles and insects [blink]

I have a thing for terror/horror... I just can't have enough of anything horror related (wether it's movies' date=' books, comics, maazines, or even real world news).

I have a thing for insects and reptiles too, and nature in general.

The first thing I am lucky to share with thundergirl, the second, not so much, she hates reptiles and insects [blink

You should listen to Carcass, the first two ablums the lyrics are so ****ed up.

Oh my...

Well... I had cars with a high top end, and cars that would go fast around corners. Never one that truly did both by modern standards. Both also were somewhat prior to the "muscle car" era.

But... Naaaah. Besides guitar? I dunno. I do some other writing and occasional photography totally different from what I do for a living. History and martial arts/combat sports have always been my "thing," I guess, along with guitar. That got me into reenacting, running a magazine 15 years, doing some fun PR stuff and traveling a lot, etc... and not really pickin' much guitar during that time period.

Problem for me is I like too much stuff that my "little" (age 59) brother sez is my obsession with developing skill and knowledge. Since I have no talent at anything except a willingness for some ongoing hard work and concentration, development of knowledge and skill seems to be a decent sort of karmic accommodation.

BTW, were I to be into the hot cars of nowadays as once I was, I'd probably feel I'd have to do some sorta formal racing and I think there's enough degradation of reflexes with age I'd likely end up daid, daid, daid. It likely wasn't all that bad that I was unable to buy that Elva and have it streeted those many years ago. <chortle>

m

Well, I thought this was gonna turn into a car thread.... I've been addicted to Rolls Royces for over 30 years. Had three at one time...but went into "rehab" and sold two...now only have one.

But, they're not exactly "sexy" so I had a V-12 Jaguar for about 15 years.... not fast off the line, (a corvette would blow the doors off it), but the top end was more than I could ever reach...I always got timid above 140 MPH, and there aren't that many places you can go that fast safely.

Also had a Mercedes 450SL. Again, not real quick off the line, but was very comfortable at 120-130 MPH.

Now, I have the one Rolls Royce, (1958 Silver Cloud Long Wheelbase Touring Limousine), a Honda CR-V and the motor home, (I don't count my company vehicle)...and I don't spend NEAR as much time in the garage!

I am addicted to my dogs.... they're my best friends... all 9 of 'em. I breed, (now, *I* don't breed them....THAT would be SICK!), raise, show & judge Pugs.

I also LOVE to spend time in my olive grove and vineyards. I hope to get back to making wine next year, (Pinot Noir, Cabernet & Chardonnay).

Well' date=' I thought this was gonna turn into a car thread.... I've been addicted to Rolls Royces for over 30 years. Had three at one time...but went into "rehab" and sold two...now only have one.

But, they're not exactly "sexy" so I had a V-12 Jaguar for about 15 years.... not fast off the line, (a corvette would blow the doors off it), but the top end was more than I could ever reach...I always got timid above 140 MPH, and there aren't that many places you can go that fast safely.

Also had a Mercedes 450SL. Again, not real quick off the line, but was very comfortable at 120-130 MPH.

Now, I have the one Rolls Royce, (1958 Silver Cloud Long Wheelbase Touring Limousine), a Honda CR-V and the motor home, (I don't count my company vehicle)...and I don't spend NEAR as much time in the garage!

I am addicted to my dogs.... they're my best friends... all 9 of 'em. I breed, (now, *I* don't breed them....THAT would be SICK!), raise, show & judge Pugs.

I also LOVE to spend time in my olive grove and vineyards. I hope to get back to making wine next year, (Pinot Noir, Cabernet & Chardonnay).[/quote']

Talk about expensive habits.... I think you have everyone beat here.... Good for you !!

BTW you have good taste as well...

Archived