Gibson Brands Forums

Non-guitar addiction

Izzy

It's related to guitars' date=' but not a guitar

it's a

[img']http://www.infovisual.info/04/img_en/037%20Saxophone.jpg[/img]

I guess a non-musical addiction would be travel. I love to go to new places and see new things.

Notes

Now that you mention it... I was given a violin for my birthday last year.... It was my Father-In-Law's when he was a kid, so it has to be at least 85 years old...don't know if it was new when he got it, (he's been gone for 30 years).

Anyway, I took it to a local place to get "set up" and buy a bow. It cost me $200 to replace the bridge, strings, sound peg, etc...another $200 for a new bow...so my "gift" from my SIL, cost me $400 bucks before I could even play it..... now I need to get my left hand doing something TOTALLY foreign to it! The left hand ain't too bad.... even without frets, I can find the notes....and the tuning is like a mandolin, so I can "feel" my way around that side....

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Books...

MAN, I feel ya'! If I'm not playing guitar (when my wrist screams "no more!") I am writing short stories or reading a classic *coughliteraturesnob

My days aren't complete until I work out. This is how I earn the right to each chocolate :-({|=

I can substitute one workout for a 2 hour walk or 2 vigorous conversations with my boyfriend.

Danvill, WOW nice choices.

Non-70s speed deamon car I would pick:

Aston Martin...blames James Bond.

+1 gib forums

...it was more of a lap dance than a hump, but yeah...I have no shame. >.>

I love cars, always have. I also love roller coasters. Anything that goes fast really. I love watching those F18 point-of-view videos online. What a hoot!

My current non-guitar addiction is horses. I see one in my future <gazing into crystal ball> Actually, I've always loved horses. Now that I'm older and only working part-time I actually have time to get back into riding.

And your point is?

Other than to sh!t on my bikes?

I love your bikes. I wish I owned even one. As it stands, I only have one old nasty Honda (manufactured in Marysville, OH.)

It's just that your bikes might not be as American as you think.

Harley has been buying parts from Japan for years now.

Archived