Gibson Brands Forums

Pardon me, I have GAS again (Update: Cured)

Silverbursted

Nice bass! Looks like the best of both worlds (Precision and Jazz basses that is). Also look like it has some pretty fancy control options.

It's a J/P, passive PuPs but active controls, 3 band EQ (first knob is volume, second knob is for blending, the third knob is a stacked knob for treble and bass, and the fourth knob is the mid cut). Lot's of tonal options with a beautiful finish. Lots of fun so far.

there's a beauty!

2 of my uncles played guitar and bass individually in a band for decades. recently they discovered that they are better at each other's instrument and should have actually swapped years ago.

i wonder if all bassists get super good at guitar in the end and the other way round [biggrin]

I picked it up at a place called the "Bass Place" on Scottsdale Rd in Tempe. Pretty cool place that obviously specializes in basses. They had a couple of used guitars (probably trades), and a good range of products ranging from under $200 to over $7,000. I think a large part of their business is on eBay, thats how I found them.

"Bass Place" on Scottsdale Rd

Yeah, been there a few times.

If I recall, the guy who owns it is Curt and also has Boogie Music on Peoria or Cactus.

Bought a Taylor from him several years ago.

Actually, that's where I found out about Bizarre when I first moved to AZ in 2001.

I stopped in there after searching the phone book for guitar shops. I lived in Chandler at the time.

Told the guy I was looking for a good store with Gibsons, PRS, etc, and he asked if I had been to Bizarre.

I said I had not and he smiled, saying "Oh.... you gotta check that place out...."

A couple weeks later I got over there, they were up on Camelback back then.

I walked in the door and heard angels in harmony with harp music - I swear!!!

I had never seen a store like that....

Archived