Gibson Brands Forums

Where's Murph? Where's Axe?

Gilliangirl

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm actually interested in the source. Ive heard this a million times but no one can say where the news came from' date=' thats all. [/quote']

It was on one of the ISP (AOL or Yahoo) entertainment pages a while ago. The band (and certain members/past members) were sued for "stealing" music.. I can't remember the original but here's Billboards take on it...

http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/content_display/industry/e3i03c5991d65201a60a2ca5f5d8b0f46e7

In a years time we have gone through allot here. From loads of noobs' date=' stupid questions, transfering the forum and loosing loads of data to basically lies about things that happened here. People can only take so much crap and those who are just out for themselves. Kinda like some of the products the mfg is pushing out the door; crap no one wants or wants and can't afford. Please Nintendo buttons on a guitar that looks like it need some serious sun; modeled after someone who wears a bucket (and got sued due to copy rights) and has to think in a chicken coop. Yeah thats real talent for ya.

[b']

Something Les has to be proud of for sure.[/b]

+1.

It's what it is now and that is the end of the story. [biggrin]

It was on one of the ISP (AOL or Yahoo) entertainment pages a while ago. The band (and certain members/past members) were sued for "stealing" music.. I can't remember the original but here's Billboards take on it...

http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/content_display/industry/e3i03c5991d65201a60a2ca5f5d8b0f46e7

Yeah that was the song, Riad and the Bedouins...i heard about that. I thought the copyright thing that was mentioned was about the KFC Bucket that he no longer wears. I think the "getting sued by KFC" is an urban myth but I do not know for sure which is why I was asking for the source.

Anyway...where's Axe and Murph?!

Sheesh....

I hang out in the lounge most of the time I give to just relaxed computering.

I have two "forums" I enjoy; one's mostly history and philosophy, this is life around guitars.

Sometimes I just read sci fi or look for obscure lyrics when I'm not working or picking or watching an occasional tv show of some sort on or off the computer's feed.

On occasions I drop into the "hollow and semi hollow" or "acoustic" end of the gibbie forums.

But mostly this is a neat opportunity to see where other people's heads are, whether they seem to be younger than I ever was, or somewhere close enough to my age that my teasing about being "THE old guy" is really totally irrelevant.

I don't see the lounge as a solid "guitar technique and geek-ness" place, but more one to share stuff that is shared here and that even the occasional "out of bounds" thing offers. That's "where are people who care about music and probably guitar music coming from in their heads."

I think it's fun. But I think on occasion it might get heavy to some heads. Seriously.

Karen...

Most don't get what you're talking about in terms of the hookers.

m

Then you why you still here? :-({|=

[bored]

-To learn.[confused]

-To help those in need.[-(

-To play mindtricks om dem00n and drive him insane[lol]

-To read Milod's posts[thumbup]

-To watch some people make asses of themselves on a dalily basis.

-'cause AXE is here... so it must be a cool place to be.[cool]

I didn't write Steve's post!

I guess Riverside's not gonna tell ya. Steve. Here's one of my sources...but now I'm gonna hafta kill ya.

Sorry Folks' date=' Sorry Riverside.. Bad day/night.. (I read the "address" for the smiley links)....

Cruzn.. Thanks... I'll take the penalty, right now it'd be a "mercy" killing![img']http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/fighting/fighting0024.gif[/img](Thought I "nailed" a new job yesterday..NSFL.oh well)...

Archived